[NFBNJ] What Is It?

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 25 16:51:04 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!
Great info, see below.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Subject: What Is It?

Begin forwarded message:

  From: Baruch College CCVIP <BaruchCollegeCCVIP at baruch.cuny.edu>
  Date: August 25, 2017 at 11:48:57 AM EDT
  To: Undisclosed recipients:;

  The Computer Center for

  Visually Impaired People, (CCVIP)

  at Baruch College

  Presents

  “What Is It?”

  A Demo Center Event

  Thursday, September 14, 2017

  CCVIP Senior Instructors Lynnette Tatum and Rick Fox will demonstrate a wide array of Object Identification and Text Capture Apps at this workshop. Among apps that will be featured are Be My Eyes, Be Specular, Tap Tap See, Seeing AI and Prizmo Go. A plethora of objects will be set forth in front of the apps and you’ll see how each app does. How will artificial fare against human intelligence? And you, the audience can bring an object for an app to identify and find out if it tells you – what is it!

  THIS IS A FREE EVENT, but reservations are required.

  To reserve your spot, call 646-312-1420, or RSVP Here

  Time: 2:00 to 3:30 PM

  Baruch College Information and Technology Building

  151 East 25th Street, Room 620, New York City

  (between Lexington and 3rd Avenues)

  Access-A-Ride Users:

  Enter at 152 East 26th Street, Between Lexington and 3rd Avenues

  Best,

  The CCVIP Team