[NFBNJ] Sunday June 11 Trenton Thunder Fun At The Ballpark

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 19 17:43:13 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!

Providing information from our chapters, divisions and committees is the
policy of the state affiliate to promote educational, motivational and
inspirational activities for all to consider.
Please distribute to others as all activities are open to family, friends,
neighbors, co-workers and whoever else you can think of.
Thanks to the members of the Capitol Chapter, the following opportunity is
available for all to enjoy.
  Promotion is the KEY!

The informational flyer is below.
Once again, Thanks for your continued support to change what it means to be
blind by raising expectations to live the life we want!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

Sunday Afternoon at the Ballpark
Are you looking forward to the summer? Would you like to share one day
during this season of nice weather with friends and family and people you
may not have seen for a long time? Do you like live baseball? If you can
answer yes to any of these questions, you may be interested in attending a
Trenton Thunder baseball game, the Double A affiliate of the New York
Yankees, on Sunday, June 11. The first pitch is scheduled for 1:00 pm,
however prior to the first pitch, pre-game ceremonies will honor NFBNJ
Capitol Chapter member, Don Wardlow. He broadcasted baseball, football and
basketball on WGLS, the college radio station at Rowan University in
Glassboro. From 1991-2002 Don became the first blind radio broadcaster in
pro baseball. There is now a second who may not have been hired without the
work Don did earlier on. Finally Don has written a baseball blog and is
working on his autobiography, targeting blind readers and hoping they enjoy
his story.

In addition, all members of the NFBNJ will have the opportunity to line up
on the first base line to cheer Don as he delivers the ceremonial first
pitch. Upon completion of the game, all children under 12, will run the
bases.

The Capitol Chapter is sponsoring this event. Tickets are $11.00 per person.

The action on the field should be interesting. In addition to seeing the
game, you can buy souvenirs at the Thunder Store, eat good food, including
chicken and roast beef sandwiches for those of us who are watching their
weight and have a good time.

The stadium is located at Arm and Hammer Park and the address is 1 Thunder
Road, Trenton, New Jersey. The location is Access Link-accessible and the
cross street is Lamberton Street.

Please note that we will not be receiving the tickets until May 22, However,
we are taking orders and payment for tickets now. If you have any questions
about the procedures which must be followed, please contact Mary Jo Partyka
at 609-888-5459 or by email at choirnfb at gmail.com. Please send all ticket
orders and money to John Lipton whose address is 2 Forman Drive, Hamilton
Township, NJ 08690. Make checks payable to NFBNJ Capital Chapter and put the
word “baseball” in the memo field of the check. Since the tickets will be
mailed back to you, please include your address and the names of the people
in your party who will be attending. Tickets will not be sent if payment is
not received.

I hope you will consider joining us on June 11.