[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: Fwd: Sports & Recreation Committee Step Challenge: Time Sensitive: You Are Invited to Participate in the ……

nfbnj.secretary at aol.com nfbnj.secretary at aol.com
Fri Sep 29 06:18:00 UTC 2017

>From the desk of NFBNJ President Joe Ruffalo

Received from Linda Melendez, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Chair Sports and Recreation Committee

National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Sports & Recreation Committee Step Challenge:

Get healthy and be entered for a drawing to win a $50.00 Amazon gift card by walking or pedaling and tracking your steps for the month of October.  You will need to walk or pedal 7,000 steps a day, 49,000 steps a week for a grand total of 217,000 steps from October 1 to October 31, 2017. The winner will be announced at the State Convention Banquet.  You do not have to be present to claim your prize although it would be great if you are there.

Steps can be tracked by using the “Health App” on your iPhone or an Activity Tracker if you own one.  If you are using your iPhone to track your steps it must be carried on your body in order for the steps to be acknowledge and counted.  Weekly or monthly results must be submitted by email to Linda Melendez by November 2, 2017 to verify step activity totals. The email address to submit your step log is lindamelendez220 at gmail.com . If you need assistance setting up the Health App on your iPhone or have any questions please call me at 732-421-7063.

NFBNJ Sports & Recreation Committee October Step Challenge Details:

When:  October 1 to October 31, 2017
How: Walk or Pedal 7,000 steps a day; 49,000 steps each week for a grand total of 217,000 steps.

Walking 7,000 steps per day from October 1, to October 31, 2017 equals approximately 109 miles. Get to steppin together and see how many miles we can do as an affiliate! Our total number of miles will be announced at the state convention. So start walking and let’s see how far our virtual miles will take us together!

​​Thank you,
Linda Melendez
Chair Sports and Recreation Committee
732 421 7063
lindamelendez220 at gmail.com
NFBNJ Sports & Recreational Activities webpage
www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreational-activities
 NFBNJ Sports & Recreational Photos webpage
www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreational-photos

The sky's the limit and you are stronger than you think you are.  Let’s come out of our comfort zone and become participants in our lives.  Do the sports and recreational activities we desire.  I am looking forward to a new beginning of raising expectations and living the lives we want.  We Got This!

Forwarded by,

Alice Eaddy Secretary,
 (856)765-0601
nfbnj.secretary at aol.com

We all have ability. The difference is how we use it. Charlotte Whitton

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail