[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: Fwd: How many steps can we do as an affiliate?

nfbnj.secretary at aol.com nfbnj.secretary at aol.com
Fri Sep 29 22:29:22 UTC 2017

>From the desk of NFBNJ President Joe Ruffalo
Received from Linda Melendez, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Chair Sports and Recreation Committee

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Sports & Recreation Committee is having a step challenge for the month of October.  We have asked participants to walk or pedal a total of 217,000 steps from October 1st to October 31st.  That is a daily total of 7,000 steps. These participants will have to share their step data to verify they have completed the required steps for this challenge in order to be eligible for a chance at an Amazon Gift Card.

You can participate in raising the number of steps without competing in the challenge.  We would like to see how many steps we can accumulate as an affiliate. You will need to send me an email weekly or at the end of the month with your total step count.  We will add every ones step totals together.  You are working on the honor system and will not be eligible to be entered for the drawing.  Get to steppin together and see how far we can virtually walk as an affiliate! Our total number of steps will be announced at the state convention. So start walking and let’s see how far our virtual steps will take us together!

Thank you,

Linda Melendez
Chair Sports and Recreation Committee
732 421 7063
lindamelendez220 at gmail.com

NFBNJ Sports & Recreational Activities webpage
www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreational-activities
NFBNJ Sports & Recreational Photos webpage
www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreational-photos

The sky's the limit and you are stronger than you think you are.  Let’s come out of our comfort zone and become participants in our lives.  Do the sports and recreational activities we desire.  I am looking forward to a new beginning of raising expectations and living the lives we want.  We Got This!

Forwarded by,

Alice Eaddy Secretary,
 (856)765-0601
nfbnj.secretary at aol.com

We all have ability. The difference is how we use it. Charlotte Whitton

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail