[NFBNJ] HR620 vote count

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 16 11:24:55 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
I want to thank those that contacted their Congressional Representative to
vote NO for HR 620.

Ryan Stevens, Legislative Director for the NFBNJ  and Brian Mackey,
Washington Seminar participant, have provided the following information
pertaining to the Congressional vote for HR 620.
Please contact your Congressional Representative to thank them for the NO
vote.

Ryan Stevens has provided the following.
Greetings, Joe and Brian,

Having remained apprised of when the vote for HR620 was scheduled, I turned
on C-SPAN late this morning to watch the proceedings. Before I give the
final vote totals, I will mention two amendments that were passed. The first
reduced the remedy time from 120 days to 60 days, but the notification
period did not change – still 60 days. The second allowed the notification
to be in common English, not legalese. There wer five other amendments
introduced. The last one was defeated, and I don’t know what the others were
or how they fared.

When the dust settled just before noon, the final tally was 225 yeas and 192
nays. With four current vacancies in the House, this also means that 14
members either were not present or abstained.

I’m sure we will learn about the next steps from National in the next few
days.

Take care,

   Ryan

Ryan Stevens

Legislative Director

NFB of New Jersey

The following vote count was forwarded by Brian Mackey.

Congressman Norcross:                     No

Congressman LoBiondo:                   abstained

Congressman MacArthur:                 Yes

Congressman Smith:                          No

Congressman Gottheimer:                 No

Congressman Pallone, Jr.:                 No

Congressman Lance:                          No

Congressman Sires:                           No

Congressman Pascrell:                      No

Congressman Payne, Jr.:                   No

Congressman Frelinghuysen:            No

Congresswoman Watson Coleman:  No

Brian A. Mackey
Owner, Mackey Enterprises, LLC
Treasurer & Webmaster, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
Webmaster, National Federation of the Blind of Delaware, Pennsylvania,
Nevada, & Illinois
Member, National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Blind Users Innovating &
Leading Design (BUILD) Team
609-680-8488
Bmackey88 at gmail.com
www.mackeyenterprisesllc.com

“Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make
those dreams come true”
      -Vince Papale