[NFBNJ] Audio Described Performance This Weekend!

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 25 15:47:28 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Received from Pamela Gaston, NJ CBVI.
Please review and if found in order, please share.
Contact information is provided for upcoming performances and pricing.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

The following information is being forwarded by NFBNJ as a courtesy, in
accordance with our continued efforts to share information that may be of
interest or of benefit to individuals who are blind and vision-impaired and
should not be construed as an official endorsement.

Hello! My name is Liz Kent and I am writing you from the Shakespeare Theatre
in Madison, NJ. As a performing arts institution, we are dedicated to the
belief that arts should be accessible for all, and are working to ensure our
theatre is fully accessible, posing no barriers to physically challenged
audience members.

To strive toward this goal, we are now holding Audio Described performances
with Sensory Seminars.

This means that the visually impaired patrons would wear a headset and have
the action on stage described to them in between the actor's dialogue. A
sensory seminar would take place beforehand, allowing the patrons to feel
the costumes or props, and give them a sense of the materials used on stage
to help provide understanding of the concept of the production.

In addition, we also have large print programs for those with vision
impairment, assisted listening devices for folks who are hard of hearing,
and a new phone/tablet app to provide closed captions for deaf patrons.

Our upcoming Audio Described performance for our current production, Titus
Andronicus, will be on July 29th at 7:30PM.

We will be having at least one for each production, and as we schedule those
dates, the information will be available on our website at
shakespearenj.org<http://shakespearenj.org>.

We do have group rates for groups of 10 or more, and we would love to have
you as we work on making theatre as accessible is possible.
For pricing and upcoming performances, call 973 408 5600.

Best,
Liz Kent
--

Liz Kent
Assistant Box Office Manager / House Manager The Shakespeare Theatre of New

[http://www.shakespearenj.org/images/FINAL%20HOMEPAGE%20BANNERS/2018_WB_SERVANT.jpg]