[NFBNJ] A Message from Human Services Commissioner Carole Johnson on ACA Enrollment

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 10 01:27:06 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
The following email is from Carole Johnson, Commissioner of the Department
of Human Services, DHS.

Please read and share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

Good afternoon:

This is an important - and exciting - time of year. The Affordable Care
Act's 2019 open enrollment period runs through December 15, and Governor
Murphy is leading New Jersey's first coordinated public awareness campaign
to encourage residents to sign up for affordable health care. We have the
chance to make a real difference in the lives of many New Jersey residents,
and I'm hoping you can help.

The Murphy Administration has created
www.GetCovered.NJ.gov<http://www.GetCovered.NJ.gov> to serve as a portal for
individuals seeking health coverage. The site includes information about
plan options, financial assistance and contact information for New Jerseyans
who want help to get covered. Please take a moment to explore the options
available and encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same.

As part of this effort, the Department of Human Services is also working
with five community organizations to support enrollment efforts. These
organizations are providing application assistance and organizing outreach
events. Let them know if you need help enrolling. The organizations are:

*         The Center for Family Services (1-877-922-2377)

*         The Family Resource Network (1-800-355-0271)

*         The Oranges ACA Navigator Project (1-973-500-6031)

*         Fulfill Monmouth & Ocean (1-732-918-2600 or 1-732-731-1400)

*         Urban League of Hudson County (1-201-451-8888, ext. 217)

Please feel free to reach out to these organizations or direct others to
them for assistance. They are here to help.  New Jerseyans can also call 1-
877-9-NAVIG8 (877-962-8448) to talk about health insurance options and get
help enrolling.

By working together, I'm confident we can help improve the lives of so many
of our residents who are looking for affordable health care options. We can
make a real difference in the weeks ahead. Let's get covered NJ!

Sincerely,

Carole Johnson
Commissioner
New Jersey Department of Human Services