[NFBNJ] Message for Veterans Day!

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 11 13:05:27 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Please read and share with others.
Received from Dwight Sayer, President, National Association of Blind
Veterans, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Veterans Day Message

November 11, 2018

On Veterans Day, we honor and remember every man and woman who has ever worn
the uniform of our country. Americans who stepped forward and swore an oath
to support and defend the Constitution and laws of this great nation against
all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Veterans Day is an important day. It is a day to speak up for those who put
their lives on the line for their fellow Americans - a day to remember and
renew our commitments to these brave men and women.

We use this day to show our appreciation for our armed forces, Soldiers,
Marines, Sailors, Airmen, and Guardsmen.

Today, more than 20 million veterans are home in America.

They are our neighbors. Our friends. Our families. Our loved ones.

Far too many have suffered the shock and pain of combat. Some have become
disabled for life; many have made the ultimate sacrifice. All who served
have given up some of the best years of their lives.

We must never forget their service and sacrifice.

We also thank our future veterans, serving at home and abroad. To those
serving around the world today or transitioning out of the military, we are
here for you.

We salute the spirit of the American service member and we honor the
sacrifices of those who fulfilled their obligations and now proudly call
themselves American Veterans.

To my fellow veterans, thank you. God bless you, and may Veterans Day and
every day bring you joy in the freedoms our country has because of your
sacrifices.

- Commissioner Mike Roby

I could not have said this better, thanks Mike.
Dwight D. Sayer
President
NABV