[NFBNJ] NFB Great News and Highlights From The President’s Notebook - week of 10/10/2018

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 20:03:42 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Great news, final step for  the MARRAKESH TREATY!
Each voice was heard and each voice made a difference!
Please share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***

From: President mark Riccobono, NFB, Baltimore, Maryland

News:
Marrakesh Treaty:
President Trump signed the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act into law
earlier today. The Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act, S. 2559, provides
for the implementation of the Marrakesh Treaty to Facilitate Access to
Published Works for Persons Who Are Blind, Visually Impaired or Otherwise
Print Disabled. We are now communicating with the Department of State to
determine when the treaty instrument will be signed and delivered to the
World Intellectual Property Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

PSAs:
We have produced seven new public service announcements for airplay on radio
stations across the country, including two in Spanish. You can hear them at
nfb.org/psas<http://nfb.org/psas>. Watch for an email from Chris Danielsen
about how you can help ensure that these spots are played on radio stations
in your community.