[NFBNJ] Sad News The Passing Of Ed Lataro

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 11 01:45:52 UTC 2018

Dear Federation Family!

It is with  great sadness  that I bring you the news of the passing of Ed
Lataro.
ED was a true friend to many, always donated his time and resources to
assist those to raise expectations to live the life we want.
The first year of the Braille Enrichment through Literacy and Learning,
BELL, Ed was one of the first members that provided us with start up funds.
Ed, you have  assisted so many with your thoughtfulness, kindness and
compassion, you will be remembered for your friendship.
A long time friend, Debbie Bloomer offers her thoughts below.

Ed, rest in Peace!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Ed Lataro passed away on October 2, 2018. He was a vocational rehabilitation
counselor at the Commission for the Blind for many years. He was a kind,
compassionate person, who went the extra mile to help the people on his
caseload achieve their vocational goals.

His interest in working with people who are blind didn't end with
retirement. He volunteered countless hours at NFB of NJ events, and for the
LEAD Program. He was always there when someone needed transportation.

He was an avid writer. Many of his plays have been performed at theaters in
NY and NJ. His novel, In the Guise of a Child, was published a few years
ago.

Ed will certainly be missed by all those whose lives he touched.

Expressions of sympathy can be sent to his cousin. Her contact information
is as follows:
Rena Moscatello
2 McCay Drive
Roebling, NJ 08554