[NFBNJ] Kustom Cane Opportunity To Make A Difference!

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 5 23:35:44 UTC 2018

    Greetings to all!
Please check your closets, under the bed, near the front and back doors and
especially the car.
Veronica Gaspa has volunteered for the second year to assist with the Custom
Cane Program.
Please share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Hello Joe,
Kustom Cane would love to partner with us again to get old canes donated to
blind people all around the world, if you could pass this notice along to
the membership that'd be great!
Best,
Vee Gaspa

For the second year in a row we will be running a cane drive at our annual
NFBNJ state convention in November. After convention the canes and cane
parts will be shipped to Kustom Cane in Tennessee. They will then refurbish
the canes and send them to blind people all over the world who do not have
the same luxury access to canes as we do. Last year we got over 30 canes
from members donating at convention, and many of them were sent to Africa,
and they were all so grateful. Please bring unwanted canes of all sizes,
unwanted cane tips or other random parts of broken canes, to state
convention and give them to Vee Gaspa. If you are not able to make it to
convention this year, but have unwanted canes or cane parts, or have any
other questions please contact Vee Gaspa at:
Veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu<mailto:Veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu>
Or: