[NFBNJ] Attention Blind or Vision impaired artists. Yes, I mean you!

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 12 20:54:08 UTC 2019

Greetings!
Sharing with others helps to grow our involvement in the blindness
community.
Received from Debbie Azzarone, writer for the Blind Vine for Vision Loss
Alliance.
Please read and share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

This is from the American Printing House for the Blind.

APH InSights - Juried Art Competition and Exhibition for Artists Who Are
Visually Impaired and Blind

<https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-flUGJhWhEu4/XFCgiVJVccI/AAAAAAAAAW4/n4fR3258oAQ4
6FSuv_E7SAyHsiReO7nMgCLcBGAs/s1600/InSights_logo2.jpg>

InSights Art logo featuring a calligraphy pen, paintbrush, pencil

The 2019 APH InSights Art competition is now open.

APH warmly invites artists who are blind or visually impaired to submit
artwork for the 2019 APH InSights Art Competition and Exhibition. For 28
years, our renowned international contest has delighted the senses, provoked
discussion, and allowed artists who have vision loss the opportunity to
share their creative imagination with the world.

Artists may enter original artwork created in any medium, including (but not
limited to) painting, drawing, printmaking, fiber, metal, and wood. This
year's deadline for student and adult artists is March 29, 2019.

Rules and entry forms are available for download here
<https://www.aph.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/APH-InSights-Art-2019-Entry-
Form.pdf> .

Winning artwork in nine categories and other selected pieces will be
displayed at the APH InSights Art Exhibit during APH's 2019 Annual Meeting
in Louisville, October 10-12, 2019. We look forward to your participation in
our competition. For more information, please e-mail
<mailto:insights at aph.org> insights at aph.org, or call Rob Guillen at
502-899-2242.

Deadline for art submissions: March 29, 2019, for adults and students.

About APH InSights Art

APH InSights, an annual juried competition and exhibition, is organized by
APH for artists of all ages with vision loss. International in scope, this
project reflects our mission to promote independence of people who are blind
and visually impaired by encouraging individuals to create original art.

Around 500 entries in all types of media are received each year. Judges from
Louisville's education and art community select pieces for display at the
APH Annual Meeting in October. Prize winners are invited to come to
Louisville to receive their awards at an evening banquet. Artwork from
entries may also be reproduced in the
<http://shop.aph.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_APH%20InSights%20Art%
20Calendar%202019:%20Large%20Print-Braille,%20Single%20Copy_39581891P_10001_
11051> APH InSights Art Calendar and as images on greeting cards.

<https://www.blogger.com/share-post.g?blogID=14728791&postID=240674744007054
3956&target=email> Email This
<https://www.blogger.com/share-post.g?blogID=14728791&postID=240674744007054
3956&target=blog> BlogThis!
<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Via%20@fredshead%20APH%20InSights
-%20Juried%20Art%20Competition%20and%20Exhibition%20for%20Artists%20Who%20Ar
e%20Visually%20Impaired%20and%20Blind&url=http://www.fredshead.info/2019/02/
aph-insights-juried-art-competition-and.html> Share to Twitter
<https://www.blogger.com/share-post.g?blogID=14728791&postID=240674744007054
3956&target=facebook> Share to Facebook

Posted by APH's Social Media Coordinator, APH Blogger
<https://www.blogger.com/profile/05460339374419336104>
<https://www.blogger.com/email-post.g?blogID=14728791&postID=240674744007054
3956>