[NFBNJ] Wondering if you count?

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 17:20:11 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Once again, please read and share with others.

Joe

---

Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 12:27 PM
To: nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Subject: Wondering if you count?

      We know the answer to that...

                                Every 10 years, our constitution requires
the federal government to perform a census to count all persons living in
the US – citizens and non-citizens alike. As of today, April 1, 2020, we
have three ways to respond to the census: online, by phone, or by mail.

                                The census is about all of us, and that
means everyone. When we don’t count each and every person, we lose
representation in Congress for the next ten years. It also impacts the
federal funds allocated in New Jersey for vital programs and services
created to address homelessness, provide utility assistance, SNAP benefits,
healthcare and more. These are resources that so many of our communities so
desperately need and deserve.

                                “Participating in the census count is one of
the most powerful things you can do for yourself, your family and your
community,” says Melissa Acree, Executive Director of NJ 211. “That’s why NJ
211 stepped forward when an opportunity was presented by the NJ Department
of State Complete Count Commission to play a role in spreading the word
about the importance of this effort and encourage all who call us or visit
our website to 'Be Counted…Because You Count!'”

                                Data security is the highest priority for
the Census Bureau, and extensive protections are in place.

                                The 2020 US Census will NEVER ask for your
social security information or other personal information like your bank
account numbers or political information. Under the law, census data can
only be used for statistical purposes and is confidential.

                                You can expect to be asked about the
following:
                                a.. How many people are living or staying at
your home on April 1, 2020
                                b.. Whether your home is owned or rented
                                c.. The age, race, sex of each person in the
household
                                d.. Whether a person in the household is of
Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin
                                e.. Relationships of each person in the
household to one central person (usually the person completing the form for
the household)

                                Answering the questions takes about 10
minutes to complete.

                                The Census is safe, easy, and important. Be
Counted…Because You Count!

                                If you need more information dial 211 or
visit nj211.org.

                  NJ 2-1-1 Partnership | NJ 2-1-1, PO Box 504, Cedar Knolls,
NJ 07927
                        Unsubscribe nfbnj1 at verizon.net
                        Update Profile | About Constant Contact
                        Sent by executivedirector at nj211.org in collaboration