[NFBNJ] Grocery Possibilities

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 9 13:35:26 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
With the increased number of emails in my inbox, I thought I had forwarded
the following.
I did call and was informed via the voice message that the program is
nationwide.
Please read and share with others.
Joe

----

From: Richard Fox
Subject: Grocery Possibilities

Hello Joe and Zoraida,

An organization called Umbrella helps people 60 and over with all kinds of
services. To receive their services, one would have to become a member for a
yearly fee. Due to the Covid-19 emergency, they are providing assistance to
members and nonmembers alike. Below, I have pasted information from their
Website, which is:

https://www.askumbrella.com/coronavirus

Supporting our Members, Neighbors, and communities during coronavirus

As an organization specifically dedicated to helping adults 60+ live better
lives at home, we are committed to supporting the Umbrella community during
these challenging times.

We have postponed nonessential jobs, in order to encourage social distancing
and support public health measures.

In addition, we have turned our full focus toward helping older adults get
the items and services they need right now, in the most affordable way,
while minimizing contact.

If you or someone you know needs help with any of the items below, or
something else, please call us at 844-402-2480.

Ways Umbrella can help now

  a.. Groceries & supplies
  Do you have everything you need in order to stay in your home safely
(food, household supplies, pet supplies)? We will help you arrange the most
affordable option—whether it’s an Umbrella Neighbor or by ordering groceries
online on your behalf.

  b.. Medication pickup
  If you need prescription or over-the-counter medications to be picked up
or delivered, we will find the most affordable option to get these to you
(in many cases, free delivery is available).

  c.. Essential transportation
  If you have a doctor’s appointment (and your doctor approves that you
should go out in order to make the appointment), we can arrange
transportation for you.

  d.. Special requests & emergencies
  If a plumbing, electrical, or other issue comes up that would make it
unsafe for you to stay in your home, please call us and we will help you get
the service you need.
Are there other ways we can help? Please call, text, or email us to let us
know. As always we're on the line M-F, 9am-6pm at 844-402-2480.

Not an Umbrella Member, but need help right now?

Call us at 844-402-2480. We can help make sure you have the supplies,
medicine, and services you need.

***