[NFBNJ] Two Items of Interest Meditation and Music

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 18 00:17:07 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Please review and share with others.
All contact information for each item is provided.

----

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

____

----

From: Rick Fox

Hi Joe,

This might be something you would want to broadcast on your master
distribution list.

Subject: Meditation & Mindfulness Zoom Class

Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey is pleased to announce the opening of our
new virtual classroom!  As part of our Beyond Sight series of programs  we
are offering Meditation and Mindfulness, an online class to help you cope
with the stresses of everyday life.  This class will be held at 1:30pm EST
on Tuesdays from April 7, 2020 to April 28, 2020 using the Zoom meeting
platform.  There is no cost to participate, however registration is required
and seating is limited.  Register in advance by clicking on the following
link:   https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uJMpcumqpjMpKyFOZ0cDng4VVkxGz3M6NQ.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.  We look forward to having you in our
classroom!

For questions regarding Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey and our programs
please visit our website at www.vlanj.org, or email beyondsight at vlanj.org

****

From: Ken Lawrence

hello NJ federation affiliate members an invitation for all of you to join
out of sight, a free voicechat community that hosts over 40 events a week
including bible study, technology events games, a book club, a regular
exercise class and general chats.  All conducted with an accessible
voicechat client that works well with screen readers and screen
magnification software and even on smartphones.  It’s fee to join and easy
to sign up.  Visit www.out-of-sight.net and read all of the documentation
and sign up.  When you sign up, then just download the voicechat client.
The client is called teamtalk.  When you are approved out of sight will send
you what is called a TT file that will contain all of your credentials
password and user name and all you do put that file on your computer and put
a shortcut to it on your desktop.  When you sign up be sure that you
indicate that you have an iPhone or an android phone so that you can get
instructions on how to use the client on it.  Once you are signed up and
have access to the members area there are a whole lot of things to listen to
and learn.  There is even audio audio described movies and old-time radio on
the sight.  So join the out of sight community at www.out-of-sight.net. I
host games there myself in fact.

Any questions, please email: kenlawrence124 at aol.com