[NFBNJ] Reminder You’re invited to join in the 2020 Winter Challenge, Sponsored by the Sports and Recreation Division

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 19 21:55:31 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Please review and share with others!

From: Linda Melendez
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 3:01 PM
To: Joseph Ruffalo
the Sports and Recreation Division
Joe:

Can you please distribute this invitation for all to participate in our
2020 Winter  Challenge?

Linda Melendez, President
NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division
732 421 7063
lindamelendez220 at gmail.com

****

*2020 Winter Challenge, Sponsored by the Sports and Recreation Division*

Feeling a bit let-down after the rush of holidays just past?

Get your endorphins back in gear by joining our Winter Challenge from
January 15 through March 31, 2020. This year we are offering three amazing
opportunities; participate in one, two or all of the challenges.

The first challenge is to learn or brush up on your Braille skills: It is
important for us as NFB members to not only promote the use of Braille but
to also use it in our daily lives. There are resources to help you get
materials and start learning.

The second challenge is to learn a new independent living Skill: We likely
all have something in our daily lives that someone does for us and which we
could learn to do for ourselves independently. Independence builds
confidence and strength. Independence is freedom.

The third challenge is to be realistic about our physical health and take
action to improve it. The most important thing we have as humans is our
health. Regardless of what health issue we may have, there are many
resources out there to give us the information we need to best understand
and do what we can to make ourselves healthier. Let’s seek out some of
these resources and start incorporating some of them into our lives. Lack
of well-being can create a barrier to reaching our goals. The healthier and
stronger we are as individuals, the healthier and stronger we are as a
community.

All three challenges require sacrifice, effort and most importantly, a good
support system. We have some knowledgeable individuals in our organization
and affiliate so let’s help each other with ideas, resources or just
positive words of encouragement.

Also, please consider sharing this challenge with other blind or vision
impaired individuals so they can enjoy participating too. Non NFBNJ members
are welcomed, let’s share the gift of the federation with them.

For challenge questions please contact Tony Santiago, Sports and Recreation
Division  Board Member and Chair of the Activities and Events Committee, at
732-947-2429 or ts.128 at icloud.com, or Annemarie Cooke, NFBNJ Sports and
Recreation Division Vice President, at 609-859-4084 or aec732 at gmail.com.

To register, please complete the Winter Challenge Registration Form at
www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreation-challenge-registration-form. If you are
experiencing technical difficulty with the registration form, please
contact NFBNJ Webmaster Brian Mackey at 609-680-8488 or webmaster at nfbnj.org.