[NFBNJ] 3rd Extension for Non-Drivers' Drivers License Renewals - Sept. 30

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 10 02:52:25 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!received from David Mostello, NFBNJ Capitol Chapter
Secretary
Please share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Subject: 3rd Extension for Non-Drivers' Drivers License Renewals - Sept. 30

Greetings Fellow Federationists,

I found the following in an article on NJ.com this evening.

The expirations dates of drivers’ licenses, vehicle registrations,
inspection stickers, non-license IDs and temporary tags will now be extended
for several more months to give people more time and to reduce lines at
agencies. The MVC extended expiration dates in March and again in May due to
closures prompted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Documents expiring between March 13 and May 31 have been extended to
September 30; those expiring between June 1 to August 31 have been extended
to December 31. Commercial driver licenses expiration dates were previously
extended to September 30.

Republican lawmakers had called on Murphy to extend the expiration dates of
MVC documents by several months on Wednesday. Agencies reopened on July 7
after being closed almost four months since mid-March as a coronavirus
precaution.

David Mostello