[NFBNJ] NJ Human Services Commissioner Reminds Residents & Providers About Assistance & Funding Opportunities

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 16 23:39:07 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
DDS has provided information for reading, saving and sharing!
warmly,

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

From: DDS Communications
Subject: NJ Human Services Commissioner Reminds Residents & Providers About
Assistance & Funding Opportunities

Encourages Residents to Seek Help from Programs & Help Lines; Urges
Providers to Seek Child Care and Medicaid Funding

NJ Human Services Commissioner Reminds Residents & Providers About
Assistance & Funding Opportunities

Encourages Residents to Seek Help from Programs & Help Lines; Urges
Providers to Seek Child Care and Medicaid Funding

June 16, 2020

(TRENTON) ???  Human Services Commissioner Carole Johnson today reminded
residents about available assistance programs and help lines, while also
encouraging child care and Medicaid providers to pursue available funding
opportunities.

???We are here to help,??? Commissioner Johnson said. ???Residents should never
hesitate to check their eligibility for and to take advantage of our
programs, whether it be food and cash assistance or health insurance, or a
call to a help line for mental health care or addiction treatment. I also
encourage child care and Medicaid providers to pursue available funding that
can help their operations during this difficult period.???

Residents seeking:

??         Food assistance, cash assistance and health insurance can visit
www.njhelpsorg;

??         Mental health care assistance can reach NJMentalHealthCares by
calling 866-202-HELP or texting NJHOPE to 51684 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily;

??         Addiction treatment assistance can call 844-ReachNJ 24/7;

??         Mental health care assistance through American Sign Language can
call 973-870-0677 for videophone help;

??         Suicide prevention assistance can call 855-654-6735 24/7 for the
NJ Hopeline;

??         Child care assistance can visit www.childcarenj.gov for
information on child care and the state???s Child Care Subsidy Program;

??         All residents can visit here to learn about immigrant eligibility
for COVID-19 relief programs;

??         Older residents can visit NJSave to learn how older adults and
individuals with disabilities can save money on Medicare premiums,
prescription costs, and other expenses;

??         All residents can visit Register Ready to learn about New Jersey???s
voluntary special needs registry for disasters, which allows residents with
disabilities to provide information to emergency response agencies;

??         Residents with disabilities can visit NJ ABLE, to learn about
saving money while preserving their SSI and Medicaid benefits.

For Providers:

??         Human Services has made available up to $20 million in grants to
assist child care centers and youth camps in meeting health and safety
guidelines in response to COVID-19. Child care centers can receive up to
$5,000, while youth camps can receive up to $2,000.   The grants are
available to licensed child care providers and youth camps that comply with
updated state health and safety guidance. Providers should registered with
the NJ Workforce Registry and can  apply through the New Jersey Child Care
Information System (NJCCIS). Applications are subject to review and
approval.

??         Commissioner Johnson also urged health care providers who
participate in New Jersey???s Medicaid and Children???s Health Insurance Program
to review and apply for $15 billion in funding made available by the federal
government to help Medicaid providers impacted by COVID-19.  Information
about eligibility and the application process is available here.

Follow the Department of Human Services at:

Peri L. Nearon, MPA

Executive Director, Division of Disability Services

Department of Human Services

Division of Disability Services

11A Quakerbridge Plaza

PO Box 705 Trenton, NJ  08625-0705

Main: 1-888-285-3036

Fax: 609-631-4365

http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dds/home/index.html

The NJ 2-1-1 Resource Database is a comprehensive compilation of local and
statewide health and human service resources that are available in New
Jersey. Click the icon to search the database now.

This email is being sent for informational purposes only. Reference herein
to any specific product, service, program, organization/agency, or otherwise
does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the
NJ Department of Humans Services or The Division of Disability Services
(DDS).