[NFBNJ] Braille Music Lessons Available

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 1 15:28:22 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Received from Carol Castellano.
Please consider re forwarding.
Joe

___

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

From: Carol Castellano
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2020 10:02 AM
To: Carol Castellano
Subject: Braille Music Lessons Available

Hi Everyone,
This is a message from a former POBC kid, now all grown up!  If you would
like Braille music lessons for your child, I hope you will contact Grace!
Carol

Hello everyone, my name is Grace Amodeo and music has been my passion for as
long as I can remember. I am a classically trained soprano, and I played the
flute in band during most of my public school career. Unfortunately, the
lack of knowledge regarding braille music notation forced me to learn music
completely by ear. In the beginning, this was fine, since I have perfect
pitch. However, when I applied for music school, it became clear that I had
to learn braille music
notation so I could successfully participate in the choir, and music theory
classes. Having to teach myself braille music for under a year forced me to
take introductory classes in college, just so I had more time to better my
skills. It is my mission to give blind music students the necessary reading
skills at a younger age, so they can participate in music classes at school,
and be confident in college, should they choose majoring in music. Lessons
will be one-on-one, and depend on the learning preferences of the student.
It is advisable that the student be fluent in literary braille. Anybody who
is interested can reach me by email at graceamodeo at optonline.net or by phone
at 732-331-6570.

Carol Castellano
Founder, Parents of Blind Children-NJ
Secretary, National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
973-377-0976
carol_castellano at verizon.net
www.blindchildren.org
www.nopbc.org