[NFBNJ] NFBNJ Notes from the February 6 diabetic conference call and Agenda for the March 5 meeting

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 2 01:07:57 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Received from Ed Godfrey, Chair of the Diabetes Committee.
For those that are receiving on the NFBNJ distribution list, please consider
joining the call.
If you are diabetic, or know someone who is, please consider participating
in the call.
All information is provided below.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Subject: Notes from the February 6 diabetic conference call and Agenda for
the March 5 meeting

Greetings to All!

I would first like to apologize to the committee for the notes that I have
written.  I didn’t think I was going to attend the call but I was able to
join at the last minute.  Co-chair Angela Parone wrote the notes. However,
her computer is not working and therefore, we were not able to get all of
the minutes out to you.  I would also like to thank Angela for running the
meetting.   below Here are the Notes that I remember from the February 6,
2020  NJ diabetic committee conference call and the agenda for the Thursday,
March5 conference call.

Call:  605 468 8005

 code:460994 pound

Called to order by Committee co-chairman Angela Parone

Approximately ten members were on the call including Committee Chair Ed
Godfrey, Committee co-chair Angela Parone, and State Vice President Linda
Melendez.

The following issues were discussed:

1.  Linda Melendez talked to the committee about the courtacy rules of a
conference call that will be used in conducting conference calls.

2.  We had a guest speaker  Kevin Mccaughan who is the local representative
for the Dexcom 6 Glucose monitoring system.  He spoke about the criteria for
getting this system from medicare and how it works.  He told the members
that the data results can be uploaded via the app to your doctors.  H also
told us about the difference between the dexcom system and similar glucose
monitoring systems.

He answered various questions that members had about the system.

3.  Other members asked questions about issues such as talking glucose
meters, neutrition, and the incelent pump Jocelyn Santiago provided answers
to members questions as well as recommendations for there concerns.

Agenda for the March 5 2020 conference call

1.  Call to order.

2.  Roll call.

3.  Review of minutes

4.  As spring is just around the corner, we will share with each other tips
on how we manage our diabetes.  Some issues may include neutrition, glucose
meters, and other issues that members may want to discuss.

5.  Angela Parone is in the process of obtaining updated email addresses and
phone numbers for our members. For those on the call who have not gbiven her
your information please do so.  In addition, if you have not paid your 2020
dues to your chapter or division, please do so.

6. around the Phones

7.  Adjourn

Notes and Agenda submitted by Ed Godfrey