[NFBNJ] REAL ID Enforcement Deadline Extension

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 31 22:46:22 UTC 2020

    Greetings to all!
Please review and share with others.
Warmly,
Joe Ruffalo

-----

Subject: REAL ID Enforcement Deadline Extension

Greetings TSA Disability Coalition – Please distribute this information
throughout your networks.  Thank you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                        U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

                        Office of Public Affairs

                        Acting Secretary Chad Wolf Statement on the REAL ID
Enforcement Deadline

                        “Due to circumstances resulting from the COVID-19
pandemic and the national emergency declaration, the Department of Homeland
Security, as directed by President Donald J. Trump, is extending the REAL ID
enforcement deadline beyond the current October 1, 2020 deadline. I have
determined that states require a twelve-month delay and that the new
deadline for REAL ID enforcement is October 1, 2021. DHS will publish a
notice of the new deadline in the Federal Register in the coming days.

                        “The federal, state and local response to the spread
of the Coronavirus here in the United States necessitates a delay in this
deadline. Our state and local partners are working tirelessly with the
Administration to flatten the curve and, therefore, we want to remove any
impediments to response and recovery efforts. States across the country are
temporarily closing or restricting access to DMVs. This action will preclude
millions of people from applying for and receiving their REAL ID. Extending
the deadline will also allow the Department to work with Congress to
implement needed changes to expedite the issuance of REAL IDs once the
current health crisis concludes.

                        “Protecting both the health and national security of
the American people continues to be the top priority for the President of
the United States and the Department of Homeland Security.”

                        # # #

Having trouble viewing this message? View it as a webpage.

You are subscribed to updates from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Manage Subscriptions  |  Privacy Policy  |  Help

Connect with DHS:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  LinkedIn  |  Flickr  |  YouTube

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
www.dhs.gov