[NFBNJ] Weekly Highlights from TBBC

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon May 11 15:04:29 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Please read and share with others.
Joe

---

From: New Jersey Talking Book & Braille Center
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 10:10 AM
To: jdegen16 at comcast.net
Subject: Weekly Highlights from TBBC

                                Weekly Highlights from TBBC

                                May 11, 2020

                                TALKING BOOK &
                                BRAILLE CENTER

                                A MESSAGE FROM THE NEW JERSEY STATE
LIBRARIAN

                                As we move into the month of May, nothing
has really changed. Our staff is still working outside of the library.

                                But there are some developments to write to
you about. First, our patrons downloaded almost 20 percent more books in
April. This is great news and we are hoping more of you can get your books
this way.

                                To better help you, we are sharing a video
made by Jen A. that is the easiest demonstration of how to download. Please
share this with family and friends who may be able to help. Staff is here to
guide you.

                                Also, we have a list of books that are the
basis for television series. Stephen F. is starting a book club this week,
and who doesn’t like BINGO. Liz K. and other staffers have a BINGO game card
for you.

                                More information is inside. For all the
MOMS, I hope you had a happy MOTHER’S DAY!

                                Take care and please be safe.

                                Thank you,

                                Mary

                                Mary L. Chute
                                New Jersey State Librarian

                                HOW TO DOWNLOAD BOOKS FROM THE BARD DATABASE

                                Jen A. has created a short video (5 minutes)
on the basics to download a book from the BARD database. Jen’s YouTube video
will allow you to follow this process while easily stopping the video as you
are working with the downloading. Leave a message on the library’s telephone
system and we can arrange for a Reader Services advisor to work with you or
someone working on your behalf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-snuxUH-WK8

                                TV SHOWS BASED ON BOOK SERIES

                                Download these titles today and enjoy the TV
series later!

                                “OUTLANDER” - EPISODES AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX
                                Based on the Outlander series by Diana
Gabaldon
                                First book in the series:
                                Outlander DB36535
                                Gabaldon, Diana. Reading time: 31 hours, 57
minutes

                                “ANNE WITH AN E” - EPISODES AVAILABLE ON
NETFLIX
                                Based on the Avonlea series by L.M.
Montgomery
                                First book in the series:
                                Anne of Green Gables DB56114
                                Montgomery, L. M, (Lucy Maud). Reading time:
11 hours, 15 minutes

                                “BOSCH” - EPISODES AVAILABLE THROUGH AMAZON
PRIME
                                Based on the Harry Bosch series by Michael
Connelly
                                First book in the series:
                                The Black Echo / DB34800
                                Connelly, Michael. Reading time: 14 hours, 1
minute

                                “JACK RYAN” - EPISODES AVAILABLE THROUGH
AMAZON PRIME
                                Based on the Jack Ryan series by Tom Clancy
                                First book in the series:
                                The Hunt for Red October DB21513
                                Clancy, Tom. Reading time: 17 hours, 19
minutes

                                “GAME OF THRONES” - EPISODES AVAILABLE
THROUGH HBO
                                Based on the series A Song of Ice and Fire
by George R.R. Martin
                                First book in the series:
                                A Game of Thrones DB45742
                                Martin, George R. R. Reading time: 31 hours,
2 minutes

                                “TRUE BLOOD” - EPISODES AVAILABLE THROUGH
HBO
                                Based on the Sookie Stackhouse series by
Charlaine Harris
                                First book in the series:
                                Dead Until Dark DB69645
                                Harris, Charlaine. Reading time: 8 hours, 45
minutes

                                “BONES” - WHOLE SERIES ON HULU
                                Based on the Temperance Brennan series by
Kathy Reichs
                                First book in the series:
                                Déjà Dead DB44763
                                Yo

                                Reichs, Kathy. Reading time: 15 hours, 47
minutes

                                “RIZZOLI AND ISLES” - WHOLE SERIES ON HULU
                                Based on the Rizzoli and Isles book series
by Tess Gerritsen
                                First book in the series:
                                The Surgeon / DB54007
                                Gerritsen, Tess. Reading time: 10 hours, 26
minutes

                                TBBC BOOK CLUB

                                Have you read an amazing book lately and
wish you had someone to talk to about it? TBBC will be holding its first
Virtual Book Club online on Friday, May 15th at 1 p.m. The club’s session
will be an hour long. All patrons are invited to join and talk about any
book they would like to talk about.

                                Access will be with a computer or a smart
phone. To register and find out more, you can call us at 800-792-8322 ext.
812 or email us at tbbc at njstatelib.org

                                TBBC BINGO

                                A TBBC Bingo card is below. We will also
have a PDF of the card available where we keep all past issues of this
newsletter:
https://www.njstatelib.org/talking-book-braille-center/weekly-newsletter/

                                You can enjoy this from the comfort of your
own home! Some squares are about reading a book and some are about doing
something like signing up for BARD or visiting our website.

                                Let us know when you complete a row or
complete the whole TBBC Bingo card. The first five people to complete a row,
and the first three people to complete the whole card, will be recognized
and congratulated in our weekly newsletter.

                                Email us or call us when you've finished a
row or finished the whole card. And, if you need suggestions for books to
complete this challenge, email us or call us and we'll be glad to suggest
some books!

                                TALKING BOOK & BRAILLE CENTER
                                CONTACT INFORMATION

                                Toll-Free Number: (800) 792-8322 ext. 861

                                Local Phone Number: (609) 406-7179 ext. 861

                                Email Address: tbbc at njstatelib.org

                                Website Address: www.njstatelib.org/tbbc

                                STAY CONNECTED

                                 ‌  ‌  ‌

                  Talking Book & Braille Center | 2300 Stuyvesant Avenue,
Trenton, NJ 08618-3226
                        Unsubscribe jdegen16 at comcast.net
                        Update Profile | About Constant Contact
                        Sent by tbbc at njstatelib.org in collaboration with