[NFBNJ] NFBNJ President Linda Melendez Notes, Items of Interest and Dates to Keep inMind for Week Ending February 21, 2021

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Fri Feb 19 21:28:43 UTC 2021

Greetings all,

Included in this email are the following:

1.     Affiliate Appointments

2.     Reminder Membership Dues

3.     Reminder: PayPal now available for At-Large Chapter, Senior,
Student, Technology and Sports & Recreation Divisions

4.     Reminder: March Senior Division Book Club

5.     Water Up Fire Down Class

6.    Central Jersey Chapter End-of-Winter Zoom Social

7.     Passing of Gerald Jackson

8.     NFBNJ Dates to Keep in Mind

If you would like to have an item included in my weekly email send an email
with complete details 14 days prior to event to Linda Melendez at
president at nfbnj.org for consideration.

Please save for future reference and share with others. I have used
headings for easy navigation.

president at nfbnj.org

Please do not reply to this email, this is an announcement only mailbox.
Affiliate Appointments

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Mary Fernandez; NFBNJ Board
Member is Co-Chair of the Affiliate Membership Committee. Mary will be
working with chapter appointed Membership Liaisons to increase our
membership and membership engagement. Upon his return Joe Ruffalo will also
be Co-Chair.

I am also pleased to announce the appointment of Tony Santiago Vice
President NFBNJ Technology Division and Sports and Recreation Division
Board Member as the affiliate Technology Advisor.

I know I speak for our membership when I say congratulations and thank you
for your efforts, hard work and time you give to our affiliate and
organization.
Reminder Membership Dues

Membership dues are paid annually on a calendar year for January 1 through
December 31. If you have already paid your 2021 chapter  and/or division
dues congratulations on your current membership status and thank you for
your on-time payment. If you have not paid your 2021 dues please do so
ASAP. Our membership roasters will be submitted to National on February 28
and dues not received will result in your membership being submitted as
lapsed.

Remember in order to be a member of a committee such as Braille, Diabetic
or Guide Dog you must be a member of a chapter or division. For Chapter &
Division questions please click on the link below to visit the webpage for
their contact information.

Chapters and Divisions – National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
(nfbnj.org) <https://www.nfbnj.org/chapters-and-divisions/>
Reminder: PayPal now available for At-Large Chapter, Senior, Students ,
Technology and Sports & Recreation Divisions

You can pay your 2021 dues for the above mentioned chapter and divisions
using PayPal by clicking on the link below

https://www.nfbnj.org/chapter-division-membership-forms/

You are asked to complete the form for each one you are a member of or want
to join. If you have already paid dues for 2021 please enter “0” for the
number of years you want to pay for. You may still pay by check, money
order or bank transfer. When you register you will be given instructions on
where to send your dues should you choose to pay by check etc.

https://www.nfbnj.org/chapter-division-membership-forms/
Request for distribution from Jane Degenshein, President NFBNJ Senior
Division
Reminder March Book Club

Our next book club selection scheduled for Wednesday, March 3 at 6 PM on
the NFBNJ Conference Call Line The last flight DB99472; Clark, Julie.
Reading time: 9 hours, 25 minutes, Read by Lauren Fortgang,; Suspense
Fiction & Psychological Fiction

Claire is married to the scion of a political dynasty, with a Manhattan
townhouse and a staff of ten. But that perfect husband has a temper and
he's not above using his staff to track Claire's every move. Claire has a
plan to vanish by switching plane tickets with a woman in similar
circumstances. Unrated Commercial audiobook 2020.

Participation details:

Date: Wednesday, March 3

Time; 6 PM

NFBNJ Conference Call line Dial: 605-468-8005; Password: 460994 followed by
the pound sign
Request for distribution from Trish Ebel, Board Member Sports and
Recreation Division
Water Up Fire Down Class

Our practice focuses on opening our meridian paths and energy circulation
in our body through stretching, tapping, breathing and meditation. Each
class will include warm-ups, stretching exercises to open our joints and
circulation, and deep breathing and energy meditation. The warm up and
stretching exercise will help us relax deeper during meditation. You will
lead you through the exercises and guide you through deep/mindful breathing
and energy meditation.

For questions about this event contact Trish Ebel at
*patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net
<patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net>*

Topic: Water Up Fire Down

Date: Wednesday, Feb. 24

Time: 7:30 PM Eastern Time

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/95124929006?pwd=U0dDRHROeU5XWHFCK0xqUWxoSmVXUT09

Meeting ID: 951 2492 9006

Passcode: 991307

One tap mobile

+19294362866,,95124929006#,,,,*991307# US (New York)

Dial by your location

1 929 436 2866 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 951 2492 9006

Passcode: 991307

Request for distribution from Carley Mullin, Vice President Central Jersey
Chapter
CJC End-of-Winter Zoom Social End-of-Winter Zoom Social

Sick of all this cold weather? Come wave good-bye to winter on Thursday,
February 25 from 7:00-9:00 PM with the NFB of NJ's Central Jersey Chapter.
Bring an evening beverage or snack of your choice and enjoy being in
community with other blind people. The only thing on the agenda besides
having fun will be discussing other social events that people would like to
see happen virtually, such as a virtual game night. For questions about
this event contact Carley Mullin at carleymullin at gmail.com

Topic: Central Jersey Chapter End-of-Winter Zoom Social
Date: Thursday, February 25
Time: 7:00 to 9:00 PM Eastern Time

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6523716092

 Meeting ID: 652 371 6092

 One tap mobile

+13126266799,,6523716092# US (Chicago)

+19292056099,,6523716092# US (New York)

 Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 652 371 6092
Request for distribution from Angela Perone, Co-Chair NFBNJ Diabetic
Committee
Passing of Gerald Jackson At-Large Chapter and Diabetic Committee Member

It's with a heavy heart that I'm writing this email to inform you all that
our dear friend Gerald Jackson passed on Monday evening, February 15. His
kind nature, dedication to education and limitless wisdom won't soon be
forgotten. At this time we do not have any details on services. If his
family decides to share that information with us we will let you know.
Cards can be sent to the family at:

In memory of Gerald Jackson

6 Abbott Road

Somerset, NJ 08873
NFBNJ Dates to Keep in Mind:
Be on the lookout for an email with the subject NFBNJ March Meeting
Schedule with meeting details and contact information for March meetings

Tuesday, February 23 7 PM At-Large Chapter via Zoom

Wednesday, February 24 7:30 PM Water Up Fire Down Class

Thursday, February 25 7 PM Central Jersey Chapter End-of-Winter Zoom Social

Saturday, February 27 10:00 Sports & Recreation Division Members PENN
Museum Egyptian Dial-in Event Register Today!

Wednesday, March 3 6 PM Book Club

Thursday, March 4 7 PM Diabetic Committee Meeting

Monday, March 8 7 PM Technology Division Meeting

Wednesday, March 10 7 PM Student Division Meeting

Monday, March 15 7 PM Senior Division Meeting

Wednesday, March 17 7 PM Sports and Recreation Division Meeting

Tuesday, March 23 7 PM At-Large Chapter Meeting

Monday, March 29 7 PM NJ CBVI Town Hall

Again, please do not reply to this email, this is an announcement only
mailbox.

Email: president at nfbnj.org
*Website: **www.nfbnj.org* <http://www.nfbnj.org/>
*Facebook: **https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238*
<https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238>
*Twitter: **@NFBNewJersey* <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey>
*YouTube: **NFBNJTransformDreams*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg>

*Live the life you want.*
The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s
blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.