[NFBNJ] National Federation of the Blind of SC State Convention

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Sun May 2 19:14:22 UTC 2021

From: Steve Cook >
Date: Sun, May 2, 2021 at 10:02 AM
Subject: National Federation of the Blind of SC State Convention

The National Federation of the Blind of SC will be having our sixty-fifth
NFB of SC state convention August 20-22, 2021 at the North Charleston
Marriott, 4770 Goer Drive, North Charleston, SC, 29406. It is time for all
of us to begin making our reservations and registering for our hybrid
convention. You may contact the hotel directly at 843-747-1900 and let them
know you are registering for the NFB of SC state convention to receive the
discounted rates.

Room rates are as follows:

Singles and doubles, $115.00 per night.

Triples, $125.00 per night.

Quads, $135.00 per night.

You will also need to add sales tax which currently is 14%.

The NFB of SC blocks of rooms at the above rates will be good until July
29, 2021 until 5:00 PM Eastern time. After that date, the hotel will
release the rooms to the general public and we will not be guaranteed our
group rate.

The NFB of SC board voted on Thursday, April 22, 2021 on the following
rates for convention registration. The prices include reception on Friday
night, boxed breakfast Saturday and Sunday, and banquet Saturday night.
There will not be a luncheon on Saturday afternoon.

Adults, $85.00 per person until July 15; $100.00 after this date.

College, graduate and doctoral students, $55 per person until July 15; $60
after this date.

Individuals 18 and younger, $25.00 per person until July 15; $30 after this
date.

Virtual, $25.00 per person until July 15; $30 after this date.

In order to have a hybrid event so that as many individuals can attend as
possible, we are charging a small registration fee for virtual attendance
to cover the cost of broadcasting from the Marriott; the hotel charges the
NFB of SC around $1,000 for audiovisual equipment and broadcasting.

If you plan to vote in this year’s election for the NFB of SC, you will
need to be a member of the NFB of SC in good standing as of June 30, 2021
by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time.

You may register online and submit payment through PayPal. Registration
will not be confirmed until payment has been received through the mail or
PayPal. If using PayPal, please remember to add 3% to your total to cover
Pay Pal’s administration fees and so that NFB of SC receives the entire
amount.

Let’s have a large in-person and virtual turn-out for the NFB of SC
Sixty-Fifth state convention!

Register online at

www.nfbofsc.org

The National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina now has our own
podcast. Using any of the below platforms and more to come! Just search or
ask the play National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina podcast. We
currently have the Leadership Seminar from April 10, 2021 loaded and ready
for listening. We will soon have episodes, about gardening, JAWS, ZoomText,
apps for Apple and Android platforms, ETC. If you have suggestions for the
podcast, please send Steve Cook a message at cookcafe at sc.rr.com or
call/Text at 803 260 1292.

Spotify

Apple Podcast