[Nfbofsc] 2015 Columbia Marriott NFB of SC Convention

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Wed May 6 13:14:31 UTC 2015

May 6, 2015

                                         Memo To: All NFB of SC Members and
Others

                                         From: Parnell Diggs, President

The 71st Annual State Convention of the NFB of SC is drawing near.  Our
Convention will be held the weekend of August 21, 22, and 23 at the Columbia
Marriott.  I hope you are making plans to attend!  This will be our best
Convention to date.

General Convention registration and pre-registration pick-up will begin at
1:00 pm Friday, August 21, in the hotel lobby. The total registration
package is $75 (if you do not pre-register by August 14).  This includes the
Luncheon and the Banquet as part of the total registration package. If you
pre-register, the cost will be $70 for the entire Convention.

          Information about the pre-registration process is enclosed in this
letter.  There is also a pre-registration form provided for your
convenience.  Simply complete the form and mail it to the State Office with
your check or money order for $70 per person, and pick up your packet at the
Convention.

          It will be necessary to register for the convention to be eligible
for the special room rate of $95 per night plus tax. There will be no
additional charge for persons seventeen years of age and younger staying in
a room with an adult.

          Exhibit tables will be set up by 1:00 pm on Friday. Should you
want exhibit space, there will be a $250 charge ($35 for NFB of SC chapters
and divisions) and an application to complete. David Houck is in charge of
all exhibits.  Any questions pertaining to exhibits should be directed to
him.   The Reception and party, hosted by our Columbia Chapter, will begin
at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, August 21.

          Division and Committee meetings will also be held on Friday. We
will have a free continental breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings which
this year will be in the convention session meeting room.

          The Convention will be called to order at 9:00 a.m., Saturday,
August 22. As usual, there will be a Saturday noontime Luncheon.   The
Banquet will be held Saturday evening at 7:00 pm.   We will begin precisely
at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, August 23, and adjourn around 12:00 noon.

          Please make your reservations by calling 1-800-593-6465 or
803-771-7000.  Be sure to make your reservations as soon as possible, but no
later than July 31. While this is the cut-off date for the NFB of SC room
block, rooms will not last that long.  For those who are arriving Thursday,
August 20, the same room rates will apply.   It is strongly recommended that
you immediately make your reservations to be assured of room accommodations.

          The Hotel is obligated to retain the block of rooms reserved by
the NFB of SC only for a short time. After that time, reservations will be
honored if there are still available accommodations.

          Please be sure to be clear on the type of reservation you
want--one, two, or three person rooms, etc.--and be sure to specify that
this is for the NFB of SC Convention to get these special rates.

          If you pay in advance, your reservation will be guaranteed;
however, you will not have to pay as long as you arrive by 6:00 p.m.  Any
amount you pay, of course, will be applied toward your bill.

          We will have door prize drawings as usual. Lenora Robertson of
Rock Hill is the Chairperson of the Door Prize Committee.  All door prizes
should be given to Lenora at the State Convention.    See you in Columbia on
August 21!

CONVENTION PRE-REGISTRATION & REGISTRATION

          At the April 11 NFB of SC board meeting, we discussed streamlining
convention registration by continuing the pre-registration service for this
year's state convention in Columbia, August 21 - 23.   Here is how the
procedure will work.

          Pre-registration for the state convention will be $70 per person.
Registration at the convention will be $75 per person.  Those wishing to
save $5 in registration fees by pre-registering will need to send to the
state office the following:

          * Name(s) of those pre-registering,

          * Whether they are a blind Voting member or a sighted Associate
member,

          * The chapter or division they are a dues paid member of,

          * Whether they want a large print or Braille agenda, and

          * A check or money order payable to the NFB of SC for $70 for each
pre-                                 registering member.

          Pre-registrations are to be mailed in by no later than Friday,
August 14, so that all information concerning registration will be available
prior to the beginning of the convention.  Pre-registration funds received
are non-refundable and non-transferable.  When you arrive at the convention,
your name tag and Braille or print agendas will all be ready for you at the
registration table.  A Pre-registration Form is attached for your
convenience.  This will be especially helpful if a chapter is
pre-registering its chapter members.

          In this way, we hope to reduce the long registration line and make
your arrival more pleasant and relaxed.  Those arriving at the convention
can register for a flat fee of $75 per person, but we are certain that you
will find our pre-registration flat fee of $70 worth the savings and the
advanced effort.

August 21-23 NFB of SC Convention Pre-registration form $70

Deadline for pre-registration is August 14, 2015

After August 14, registration is $75 per person
Agenda

Name                               Voting(V)/
Chapter/Division             Print (P)

                                         Associate(A) Member
or Oganization                Braille (B)

1

2

3

4