[Nfbofsc] NFB of SC Career Boost Info and Seeking Information

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Mon Jan 2 00:02:04 UTC 2017

Hello Fellow Federationists!

NFB of SC received a grant to deliver transition services to youth with
disabilities ages 13-21 residing in South Carolina.

As the director of the program, my goal is to serve all youth who are blind
in the target age group during the grant period.

I would love your help! If you are a youth who is blind between the ages of
13-21 or know of an individual who would qualify for this free service,
please contact me.

As a participant in the program, individuals will focus on four components
including:

Self-advocacy

Career readiness (resume building, soft skills, interviewing techniques and
more)

Work-based learning to include: job shadowing, business tours, internships
and job placement

Post-secondary exploration: exploring and visiting college opportunities

What an awesome opportunity to serve youth who are blind in transition!

Chapter presidents, I will be reaching out to all of you regarding this
exciting endeavored to see how NFB of SC Career Boost can seek and serve our
youth in South Carolina.

If you have questions or know of someone who would qualify for the program,
please contact me at jhipp25 at sc.rr.com or call 803-661-6622.

Thank you so much for your help in making this a successful project!

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Bazer

Director, NFB of SC Career Boost

Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com