[NFBofSC] FW: Imagineering Our Future: Learn About Parent Advocate Training

floza58 at bellsouth.net floza58 at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 15 19:07:25 UTC 2024

From: Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind
<IOF at nfb.org>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2024 11:02 AM
To: Frank Loza <floza58 at bellsouth.net>
Subject: Imagineering Our Future: Learn About Parent Advocate Training

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33616&qid=9742232>

IMAGINEERING OUR FUTURE

  _____

President's Letter

When I first got to know the National Federation of the Blind, I quickly
learned the power of bringing people together and the tremendous need for
advocates with real lived experience as blind people.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33681&qid=9742232> More from
President Riccobono.

Parent Advocates Looking Forward to IEP Academy

"My parents were immigrants--navigating the IEP process was difficult and I
did not always get the best services. Using a magnifier year after year when
it proved inefficient exemplifies the problem.."
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33682&qid=9742232> More about our
program to train advocates for blind students.

Latest News at the NFB

Federation issues update on Key Bridge collapse in Baltimore, 2024 STEM2U
application opens, congratulations go to NLS Braille transcribers and
proofreaders, and more.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33683&qid=9742232> Read the latest
news.

Take Action this Month

Listen to the most recent issue of the Nation's Blind Podcast, submit an
award nomination for educators before the May 1 deadline, register for the
2024 National Convention before the May 31 deadline, and more.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33684&qid=9742232> More ways to get
involved.

Important Dates

Tune into a Where the Blind Work Webinar, celebrate Global Accessibility
Awareness Day, register for the 2024 National Convention, and more.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33685&qid=9742232> Check out the
calendar of events.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33681&qid=9742232> Read the complete
issue online

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we raise
the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives we
want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by
becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or
supporting our programs.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33622&qid=9742232>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33623&qid=9742232>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33624&qid=9742232>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33625&qid=9742232>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33626&qid=9742232>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33627&qid=9742232>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

=ff3a19d5c2751e31> Unsubscribe from this mailing list |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=22994&qid=9742232&h=ff3a
19d5c2751e31> Opt out of all mailing lists |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33628&qid=9742232> Sign up for our
newsletter

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230