[NFBSea] Sign up Now for Art Beyond Sight on January 30!

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Jan 10 17:46:48 UTC 2019

From: Access [mailto:access at SeattleArtMuseum.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 6:24 PM
Cc: Kelsey Donahue
Subject: Sign up Now for Art Beyond Sight on January 30!

Join us at the Seattle Art Museum for an Art Beyond Sight Tour! Art Beyond Sight is a free tour program for visitors with low or no vision and sighted guests. On January 30 from 2-3:30 pm, we'll explore abstract art works from SAM's Modern & Contemporary Collection<http://art.seattleartmuseum.org/collections/92379/modern--contemporary-art/objects>, including a painting by Georgia O'Keeffe<http://art.seattleartmuseum.org/objects/6316/a-celebration?ctx=66ba3579-6350-433b-a8da-72977ecdf2a8&idx=1>! Please note that our upcoming tour is during the three week closure of SR 99. See the attached document for more details. We can answer any additional questions or concerns when you register.

Tours begin with light refreshments at 2 pm in Arnold Board Room, on the second floor of the museum. Volunteers and staff are stationed at entrances to help  navigate and you can find Seattle Art Museum's Low Vision Map & Guide by clicking here<https://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Documents/Low_Vision_Map_online3.17.17.pdf>. We will provide folding stools in the galleries to all visitors to make the tour a more comfortable experience.

Space for Art Beyond Sight Tours is limited and advanced registration is required. To register, email access at seattleartmuseum.org<mailto:access at seattleartmuseum.org> or call Kelsey Donahue at (206) 654-3133. Include details like: whether you will be bringing a guest or a guide dog and if we can provide additional accommodations, such as a wheelchair or a docent sighted guide to assist you with wayfinding. You can also sign up for upcoming Art Beyond Sight Tours when you register-see our schedule below.

Wed     February 20     2-3:30 pm        Noble Splendor: Art of Japanese Aristocrats<http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Exhibitions/Details?EventId=62143>
Sat       March 23        2-3:30 pm        Jeffrey Gibson: Like A Hammer<http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Exhibitions/Details?EventId=60750>
Sat       April 27           2-3:30 pm        Lessons from the Institute of Empathy<http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Exhibitions/Details?EventId=59512>
Wed     May 22            2-3:30 pm        North American Art

All tours take place at Seattle Art Museum, 1300 First Ave Seattle, WA 98101. SAM's accessible entrance is located at First Ave and Union St. Access vans can drop off/pick up in front of the museum, on First Ave, midway between Union and University Streets, at Metro stop no. 190. For taxi and other rideshares, drop off is located on the southeast corner of First Ave and Union St, on Union. Please let us know when you register if you would like someone to meet you at any of these drop-off points. For visitors arriving with sighted guests, we can provide subsidized parking passes for Russell Investment Center Garage (below the museum). Find out more information on directions and parking by clicking here<http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/visit/seattle-art-museum#par>.

We look forward to touring with you soon!

KELSEY DONAHUE
Museum Educator, School & Educator Programs
Access Team Member

Seattle Art Museum
p: 206.654.3133
seattleartmuseum.org<http://seattleartmuseum.org>

PEACOCK IN THE DESERT / Seattle Art Museum / Oct 18 2018 - Jan 21 2019
Get tickets at visitsam.org/peacock<http://visitsam.org/peacock>