[Nfbsf] Let's go surfing!

Lisa M. Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Wed Jun 12 17:29:38 UTC 2019

Here’s some info about an awesome annual SoCal blind surf event! I’ll likely be on my to Louisiana so you’ll have to enjoy this event and tell me all about it!

In the past, Volunteers have met participants at nearby train stations and transported persons to/from the beach. You can soak up the sun, surf or boogie board. Equipment is provided. Typically, ocean water is warm to quite warm. Lunch is provided. Approximately 110 blind participants attended last year. Below is preliminary information.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR:  The Encinitas Lions Club, in partnership with Urban Surf, will host their 24th Annual Blind Surfing Event at South Ponto Beach in Carlsbad.  The event will start at 9AM on September 8th 2019.  All ages are welcome to surf with our experienced instructors or just spend a day at the beach.  BBQ lunch and event T-Shirts will be available for all attendees.

            More detailed information will be forthcoming in the next 30 days.  🏂

Bob Mangini

Blind Surf Chairman

Submitted by, Lisa Irving