[Nfbsf] BART Customer Service response

Lisa M. Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Fri Jun 14 20:53:50 UTC 2019

Hello,

I did not personally check out the gate, however, the Facebook post that was
shared by a service animal user was good enough for me. I find the customer
service response so typical. It is dismissiveand minimized the safety
hazards posed by the gate when it quickly snaps back. Additionally, most of
us can agree that rarely is there a station person in the box near the gate.
Employees standing near the gate to educate the masses will be short lived.
Also, who has trained them to appropriately assist the blind passenger in
conjunction with the new gate? I'm not trying to be negative. I have been
impressed with the ease of getting around on public transportation up here,
but I am equally unimpressed with assistance and automated announcements,
and I don't expect anything better when it comes to assistance and the new
gates.

Lisa