[NFBSF] Seeking braille project ideas

Lisa Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Thu Oct 14 04:12:03 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm writing to request your input and local resources. I am a Western
Michigan Vision Rehabilitation Therapy graduate student. One of my courses
is, Methods of Teaching Braille. For my project I would like to use UEB
contracted braille to create an emergency preparedness or safety resource
such as fire or earthquake preparedness.

Perhaps you have a resource that is not much over 100 words and it would be
beneficial to the Bay Area, or San Francisco blind community to have it in
braille. Although I am not mass-producing my project, I'm thinking that I
would like to donate it to the chapter, or to the LightHouse.

Please email me at: lisa.m.irving at wmich.edu <mailto:lisa.m.irving at wmich.edu>
with your ideas accompanied by an attached online resource. A tagged PDF or
Word doc is preferred. I have to submit my project proposal within the next
week. Sorry for the short notice.

Thank you for your help.

From,

Lisa M. Irving