[NFBSF] Meet the Blind/Blind Equality and Achievement Month Video

Amy Mason amason80 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 05:25:36 UTC 2021

This year, the San Francisco chapter is going to create a video to celebrate Meet the Blind Month/BEAM.

In order to do this, we need video or audio clips along with appropriate pictures, answering one or more of the following questions:

- What to do when meet me/ What not to do when you meet me
- Here’s what I want you to know about blindness
- I am a blind____ / I am blind and love to... (ski, shop, parent, insert what you love here)
- I am a blind “identity” (How do these affect one another?)
- Favorite blindness survival tip

Please create separate clips for each question that you answer. Not all of them will be used but at least one from each respondent will be included. Feel free to answer multiple questions.

If you send an audio clip, we need an associated picture, or a couple pictures, especially if you are mentioning the things you love to do. If there are pictures of you doing those things that would be all the better.

Please send these clips to me via iMessage, or WhatsApp on the phone (402-770-2582) or send a sharing link from  One Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive or another sharing service to my email, amason80 at gmail.com.

If you are uncomfortable with recording your own clips, I will be sending out a link to a zoom room I will hold open on September 28 from 6:30 until about 8:30. You can join that room and I can assist you in recording your message from Zoom.

Please return clips to me by October 2 so that Lisa Maria and I have time to put this together before our October meeting. This way,  we can share the link with our friends and family on social media throughout the rest of the month.

If you have questions about anything above, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks everyone,

Amy Mason

Sent from my iPad