[NFBSF] Tactile Art Exibit Opportunity

bernieslife at icloud.com bernieslife at icloud.com
Sun Apr 21 01:11:25 UTC 2024

Hi All,

I would like to arrange for our Chapter to participate in this tactile art
exhibit event if there is interest from the Chapter.I suggest Saturday July
27, or Sunday July 28th. Note, dates and times are very limited.  Below, you
will find information about this upcoming exhibit.

We are thrilled to announce a new art experience
<https://www.jettisoncreative.com/fullytactileartexhibition> The Fully
Tactile Art Exhibition, coming to San Francisco this July! This free to the
public exhibition curated by Ian Buchanan, Ben Warner, and Jerry Kuns in
collaboration with numerous Bay Area Artists, explores the ways in which art
can be experienced by our various senses!

Are you sometimes disappointed by art being hidden behind glass? Have you
ever wanted a more engaging interaction with the materials of art? Do you
wish to explore artistic creations with more than just your eyes? Then this
exhibition is for you!

Come immerse yourself in the sounds and the emotions of poetry, feel the
dance of wood grain of a douglas fir sculpture, run your fingers through the
fibers of textiles, let your hands "see" the intricacies of ceramic works,
and lose yourself in a forest of felt.

Let's explore how smell, touch and sound can deepen our arts interactions.

Held at the end of July 2024, this five day, free exhibition includes over a
dozen artists that draw inspiration from the question - how can art be
experienced beyond sight?

Date and Times: July 24th - July 28th, Wednesday to Friday 3-8pm, Saturday &
Sunday 12-4pm

Where: Jettison Creative <https://www.jettisoncreative.com/>  @ 47 Jeff
Adachi Way

<Fully Tactile Art Exhibition Banner 2 png.png>

We would be happy to organize tours of the event if you have a group or an
organization that is interested in experiencing
<https://www.jettisoncreative.com/fullytactileartexhibition> The Fully
Tactile Art Exhibition.

This project is realized in large part by generous support from the
Zellerbach Foundation. While this funding provides a solid base it does not
cover the costs of this event and we are looking for individuals to raise
$8,000 between now and July.

Funders that donate $1,000 or more will be invited to a garden party at the
Noe Valley home of Jerry Kuns at the closure of the event, July 28th, where
they can meet the artists and creators of this event.

Lisa Irving