[Nfbv-announce] Have your technology questions answered at this year's 2011 NFBV convention

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:54:31 UTC 2011

Here is just one of the many great things you'll experience at the 2011
convention of the national Federation of the blind of Virginia

Oh, All Those Exhibits:
One thing that is great about any convention is that it brings people from
all over to one location where everyone can meet and share information.
Another great thing is that when you get a large group of people together,
you will also attract vendors.

At this year's convention, you won’t want to miss visiting all the vendors
who will have tables filled with the products they sell. This is a great
opportunity to get some "hands-on" experience with some of the latest
technology designed specifically for the vision impaired. Also, who better
to ask questions than those who sell it. No more trading phone calls or
emails to get your questions answered. You can talk to them face-to-face .

The exhibit hall will open after the state board meeting on Friday. The hall
will be open 12:00 P.M. till 5:00 P.M.  The exhibit hall will be located in
the Atlantic Foyer. Bring your lists of questions as well as your shopping
list!

This year's convention is hosted by the Chesapeake Bay Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of Virginia. The convention will be held at
Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel, 5700 Atlantic Avenue Virginia
Beach, Virginia 23451 (757) 428-7025 or (800) 365-3032

While you are enjoying all that this year's convention has to offer, come
join me at this year's Rookie Round-Up Reception. The reception is for all
those first-time convention attendees who want to learn more about the NFB
and also about all the other great activities during the weekend. The
reception will run from 6:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M. in the James Room. Were we
will have lots of fun sprinkled with great information for those new to the
NFB and our convention. Hope to see you there!