[Nfbv-announce] NFBV supports activities that develop our blind youth-- Blind Judo

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:05:28 UTC 2011

At this year's state convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
Virginia, many of the scheduled activities revolved around getting our blind
youth to expand their world by pursuing new activities.

A few years ago, the NFBV hosted a full weekend of activities just for our
blind youth where they also challenged themselves physically and mentally to
do things they did not think they could. One of those activities was Blind
Judo.

Below is a link to one of our blind mentors talking about how the program
was run and about the benefits to the youth who participated.

There are titles at the beginning. The video will start in about 20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lanM7N7_hmQ