[Nfbv-announce] Interested in the Foreign Service or Living Outside the US - Attend 7/22 Fredericksburg Chapter Meeting

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 13:27:10 UTC 2017

From: Holly Frisch [mailto:Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org]
Fredericksburg Chapter president

Learn from a fascinating trailblazer who opened the door for blind people to
serve in the Foreign Service  and has lived outside the US for many years.

It required an act of Congress to compel the Department of State to accept
foreign service officers who are blind.  Ramie Rabby, one of the first two
of these officers, will be the guest speaker at the July 22 meeting of our
Fredericksburg Chapter.  He is an  eloquent, dynamic speaker with a long and
fascinating history to relate.  His topics will include hhis experience with
the foreign service, extensive international travel background and life in
Israel where he currently resides.

We want to extend an invitation to all our neighboring chapters an anyone
interested in a career in the Foreign Service.

The meeting will be held at the Fredericksburg Library in downtown
Fredericksburg. It is a short cab ride from the Fredericksburg Amtrak
station.

Space is limited to 25 so please RSVP to let us know you are coming and
reserve your space.

If you are interested in attending, it would be extremely helpful and
appreciated if you would please contact me either by phone, in person or
through email.  Our meeting will begin at 10:00 and end at noon.  Ramie most
graciously agreed to come all the way from New York, where he is visiting
before returning to Israel, to talk with us.  I urge you not to miss this
opportunity to hear what I know will be an outstanding presentation.  To
reserve space for yourself, family, friends and fellow chapter  members, you
can always email me at holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
<mailto:holly at volunteersfortheblind.org> .  You can also contact me either
at home, 540 899 7747 or at work, 540 899 8847.  Even if I am not there,
despite the large number of rings, my answering machines at both locations
work, and I check them regularly.  Thank everyone in advance for doing your
part to make this one of our most successful programs.

Holly Frisch

Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Fredericksburg Chapter president