[Nfbv-announce] Your Help Desired

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 05:03:04 UTC 2017

Hello Everyone,

We're fast coming up on the deadline to pre-register for state convention
and reserve your room. To that end, we want to make sure everyone is aware
of this great event.

First, if you're an avid social media user, please help us advertise the
convention on your networks. To keep consistent, please kindly use #NFBV17
as the hashtag to promote activities leading up to and during the
convention. Copying text directly from our landing page is fine, but we
would love it if you can promote the event in your own words.

Second, if there are state libraries in your local area with outreach to
blind persons, please reach out to them and find out if we can include a
blurb of the event in their newsletters or other publications. If you do not
have a state library branch but are aware of another community resource with
at-large access to our target audience, please let us know so that we may
provide text for these publication outlets. Remember our target audience
would include blind students, parents, teachers, rehabilitation experts,
etc.

Finally, please do not overlook the value of placing phone calls to
encourage friends and family to be a part of this great occasion. No flyer
or quick synopsis is going to compare to hearing from someone people know.

If you require anything at all from me to help facilitate promotion of the
convention, please do not hesitate to reach out. You can reply too this
email with your questions or concerns.

Remember, you can find all the information you need about convention by
visiting:

http://nfbv.org/convention

Yours in service,

Joe Orozco, Communications Chair