[Nfbv-announce] Website Accessibility Testing

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 23:09:44 UTC 2019

Hello, everyone,

The below research solicitation is for informational purposes only. Some of you may find it to be of interest.

Best,

Sarah Patnaude

Hi all,

My name is Chelsea Sullivan, and I work with the Equal Rights Center in Washington, DC. We are a civil rights organization that identifies and seeks to eliminate unlawful and unfair discrimination in Greater Washington, DC and throughout the United States. Our core strategy for identifying discrimination is civil rights testing. Recently, we started testing multifamily housing websites for their accessibility to the blind and low vision population. We are looking to recruit and train more testers who use assistive technology to help us with this work. Partnered with a sighted control tester, both testers are asked to view the mobile and desktop versions of the sites and compare their experiences.

We are specifically looking for testers in Washington, DC and surrounding areas. If you have any questions or you are interested in becoming a tester for the ERC, please email me directly at csullivan at equalrightscenter.org.

Thanks,

Chelsea Sullivan

Program Assistant

The Equal Rights Center