[NFBV-Announce] NFBV Virtual Meetings for the week of September 2 to 6

Jacki Bruce jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 03:00:21 UTC 2020

Hello NFB Family and Friends!

ATTENTION!!  Zoom has changed its log in criteria.  As of September 27th, a
passcode will be needed to get into meetings.  We are implementing this
change now in case there are any unexpected issues.  I have updated the
Zoom link and telephone numbers in this email to reflect the change.
Please disregard the links in previous emails and use only this information
going forward.

The one tap mobile has a slight delay but it will get you into the
meeting.  You don’t have to do anything but be patient.

The Zoom link has the passcode embedded so you only have to click on it to
be allowed into the meeting.

If you are using a landline, that phone number is below the one touch
mobile, and you will be required to type in the meeting ID number plus
pound.

For your information, the passcode is 20201940, (our current year and when
the NFB started).

This message outlines many events and meetings planned for the month.

Almost all chapter and division meetings are using the Virginia Affiliate’s
Zoom account and all meetings are open to the public.

All calls are available using the telephone dial in option or through the
free and totally accessible Zoom app on Windows, Apple IOS, or Google
Android. You can also access just using your Web Browser.

For all these services, it is important to be on mute when you are not
speaking. The presenter will provide instructions on unmuting to be heard.
Additionally, just like in-person Federation meetings, please preface your
comments by stating your name and being recognized by the organizer before
speaking.

NFB of Virginia Virtual Meetings

The Zoom link and telephone conference call details are consistent for each
of the Zoom meetings this month. If there is an exception, it is provided
in the description below.

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345# <%20+13017158592,,8297256345>

Telephone Dial: (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#
Passcode: 20201940

Virginia Affiliate Virtual Programming

*Ladies Night*

*Saturday, September 5 at 7:00 PM*

Please join the Virginia Affiliate every Saturday evening from 7 to 9 pm
Eastern Time for good times. Each week will be a different theme.  Grab
your BFF’s and a drink alcoholic or non, settle in your favorite spot and
get ready to laugh, share stories, and have fun!

The theme for this week, September 5th, is Accessibility…what’s accessible,
what isn’t, what do you use, what do you need help using.

*NFB of Virginia Legislative Seminar *

*Saturday, September 12  at 10:00 AM to 12PM.*

Turning Ideas into Law: A Legislative seminar for the NFB of Virginia.

The purpose of the National Federation of the Blind is to serve as a
vehicle for collective action. Our grass roots advocacy work in the
Virginia General Assembly and the United States Congress has yielded great
results. Our accomplishments are based on the hundreds of members who
support our efforts by engaging in the legislative process.

However, we can improve our effectiveness by having more members understand
the legislative process, our approach for advocacy and how we all can help
advance our mission.

We are conducting an informative and interactive seminar on the state and
national legislative process leveraging leaders from across Virginia and
featuring John Pare, NFB Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy. Topics
will include: Legislative Structure and Basics of how to get a Bill Passed,
Typical NFB Strategies, Case Study of one Bill.

Please join us for this exciting seminar and help us increase our influence
with our elected leaders.

Chapter and Division Virtual Programming

Here is the calendar of chapter and division meetings that have been
scheduled.
More may follow as the month progresses.

However, the At Large and Peninsula chapters are not using Zoom and have
provided alternate dialing instructions which are listed after the meeting
date and time.

*Potomac Chapter*

*Thursday, September 10 at 7:00 PM*

*Winchester Chapter*

*Wednesday, September 16 at 7:00 PM*

*Greater Williamsburg Chapter*

*Wednesday, September 17 at 6:00 PM*

*Chesapeake Bay Chapter*

*Saturday, September 26 at 11:00 AM*

*Tidewater Chapter*

*Saturday, September 26 at 1:30 PM*

*Richmond Chapter*

*Monday, September 28 at 6:30 PM*

We suspect more chapters and divisions will be holding meetings. We will
provide updates each week with details.

Jacki Bruce

Zoom Coordinator, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com <jackibruce6 at gmail.com>
tel:(757)291-1789 <(757)291-1789>
www.nfb.org
www.nfbv.org

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.