[NFBV-Announce] so much excitement in one week!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 02:39:52 UTC 2022

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

You might want to sit down for this one. So many people doing so many things
lately. Read on and be amazed!

Kudos Corner.

Give a  round of applause and a  hearty welcome to our newest Communication
Committee Members! Michael Kitchens will be posting our events and other
tidbits on the Affiliate's Facebook page. Hooray! Oscar Montiel will be our
new Affiliate Blogger. Yippee!

About Oscar.I've been a member of the NFB since 2017 and a member of the
Prince William County Chapter since 2017 as well. I got into vlogging in
2020 due to trying to find a new activity during the lockdown of the
COVID-19 pandemic. Please email me at oscarjmontiel37 at gmail.com
<mailto:oscarjmontiel37 at gmail.com>  I'm looking forward to receiving your
blog's and working with everyone.

About Michael.I  am 45 years old and I was born in Portsmouth, VA.  I
graduated from Western Branch HS in Chesapeake in 1994.  I also hold two
Associate degrees in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design from Tidewater
Community College and ITT Technical Institute, respectively.  I have been a
member of the NFB since 2009 and I'm part of the Tidewater Chapter.

I currently work at the City of Chesapeake Department of Public Works as an
Engineering CAD Technician III.   I have been there for almost 7 years.
Please send your facebook posts to me at michael.kitchens76 at gmail.com
<mailto:michael.kitchens76 at gmail.com> . Thank you and I  can't wait to start
posting for our Affiliate.

I  am very happy to welcome these gentlemen into the fold and I  want to
thank Joe Orozco, our dedicated and esteemed webmaster. Thank you, thank you
Joe, Michael and Oscar for being a  part of Communications and for being the
great people you are!

Last weekend was the first Silver Bells Program.way to go Sandy Halverson,
the instructors and volunteers who dedicated their time and talents to make
the program work. Most importantly, thanks to the men and women who
participated in this first weekend. Here's what Pam said, "I have been
enlightened and uplifted all weekend.  I have felt loneliness, insecurity,
lack of confidence, and now I have a safety net.  Now I have met people,
made friends and this was a great pilot. If you're 55 years or older, and
you haven't registered for Silver Bells, why not? It's an opportunity you
don't want to miss.

You go girl! Uricka Harrison is rocking it, read on and join to hear what
Uricka and the other panelist's have to say Diversity Equity and Inclusion
of the South Carolina affiliate
Presents:
Women's history month program
Entitled:
(still I Rise)
Eureka Harrison of Virginia, Dr. Carolyn Peters of Ohio, Sabrina Simmons of
Michigan, and Libra Robinson of DC, Will be sharing their journeys and so
much more as we continue the movement of the National Federation of the
blind.

This phenomenal event will take place on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 8 PM on
the Federation zoom platform

Co-chairs: Derique Simon and Christopher Crawley

Federation Center Zoom
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09
Meeting ID: 803 254 3777 Passcode: 124578
One tap mobile +19292056099,,8032543777# US (New York)

Spotlight On.

Are you a hampered chef who would prefer to be a pampered chef?

The Potomac Chapter has something simmering and waiting for you to step in
and stir things up, season things with your presence and your enthusiasm, in
support of our upcoming state convention.

All are welcome, either at the Sunday evening, April 3, Zoom activity,
and/or the online link. Information for both is provided below. So spread
the word.

>From Rachel Schreiman:

Please support the Potomac Chapter as we sponsor a fundraiser to help fund
our upcoming state convention. We will be hosting a Pampered Chef
Fundraiser. The live event will occur on Zoom and include a fun bingo game
with a prize on Sunday April 3rd at 7PM. Can't make the Zoom party? No
worries, you can still purchase great kitchen products and support the
convention. You can use the link below to access our party and order to
support our effort. Our consultant Cindy can also be reached at  (951)
235-5486 for personalized shopping assistance.

Get more information and shop by clicking this link:
<https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/nfbpotomacchapter>
https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/nfbpotomacchapter

Join us on April 3rd at 7PM for a fun Bingo party:

Rachel Schreiman is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB Pampered Chef Fundraiser

Time: Apr 3, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89124185183?pwd=dUZ5NUU0dXhGUWRpRm4wbkduazEvUT09>
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89124185183?pwd=dUZ5NUU0dXhGUWRpRm4wbkduazEvUT09

Meeting ID: 891 2418 5183

Passcode: 1234

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,89124185183#

Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.
-CJ Walker

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want