[NFBV-Announce] Announcing the NFBV22 National Representative John Paré

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:44:31 UTC 2022

>From Tracy Soforenko

I am very excited to announce that President Riccobono has selected John
Pare to serve as our national representative  for the 2022 National
Federation of the Blind of Virginia Convention.

John is both a leader, a role model, and a friend.

I am confident we will learn from John and enjoy getting to know him better
through our convention.

I have provided his bio below.

John Paré is the executive director for Advocacy and Policy at the National
Federation of the Blind. In this position he oversees the NFB-NEWSLINE®
program, the largest electronic newspaper service in the world, the
Independence Market, and the Federation’s Governmental Affairs office. He
has testified before the House of Representatives Committee on
Appropriations Legislative Branch Subcommittee regarding library services
for blind Americans.

He was instrumental in the negotiations and passage of the Pedestrian Safety
Enhancement Act and the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act.

He has appeared on CNN, Fox, BBC, and various radio programs to discuss
issues affecting blind Americans.

He has a bachelors and masters from the University of Florida in Gainesville
and worked for Harris Corporation in Melbourne, Florida. He spent five years
living in northern Virginia before moving to Baltimore to work at the
National Federation of the Blind.

We are very excited John will be joining us in Tysons Corner. Please plan to
attend our convention and meet John in person.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work