[NFBV-Announce] What's happening and zoom! October 3rd

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 00:20:14 UTC 2023

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Just one month, a mere 30 days until the start of our 65th Annual Virginia
State Convention! What a Convention it will be. CPR and self defense taught
by us for us, Silver Bells Reunion and Senior Programing, get wild at the
Diversity Dance Party on Thursday and keep it kickin at the hospitality
event on Friday. Don't miss out! Nine days until the early registration
discount goes away; I agree even at the higher price it's worth it but why
pay more if you don't have to?! Here's the link to register:
https://www.nfbv.org/convention

Please get in touch with me if you experience any challenges and a member of
the communications committee or I would be happy to help you register!

Kudos Corner.

The Greater Alexandria Chapter extends a GIGANTIC THANK YOU to all of you
who supported and were able to participate in our Murder Mystery event on
Thursday, September 28th!  Even with the few minor techy challenges in the
beginning, it was still great fun!  And that sneaky ANDY CHRONOMETER!!  Who
knew?!

I am happy to report that we raised almost $300 to contribute to A DOSE OF
FASHION Fashion Show, happening on Sunday, October 29th!  Please plan to
attend this unique and extraordinary event!  Beginning Sunday, October 1st,
you can reserve your seat by sending your $50 payment to the GAC Zelle
account at NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM <mailto:NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM> .

You will want to attend this incredibly spectacular B.E.A.M. (Blind Equality
& Achievement Month) event!  It is a true celebration of beauty and grace
and will be great fun!  All models are blind or low vision and all are
totally awesome!

Thank you all for your continued support of the Greater Alexandria Chapter!!

Renee Valdez

(703) 966-0836

Spotlight On.

Hello NFBV Family!  The State Convention is just a month away!  We need your
beautiful, unique and creative items for the ACTION AUCTION!...and QUICK!

Our 2023 NFBV Action Auction provides the opportunity to raise funds to
support our NFB of Virginia Silver Bells Program for blind and low vision
seniors. When we donate an item, the proceeds of that item will go directly
to support our Silver Bells Program.

Our 2023 Action Auction will be conducted entirely onsite at the NFBV State
Convention.

Here is how it works:

Identify items to donate, quality over quantity please. Every auction item
should be documented using the web form found at

 <http://www.nfbv.org/auction> http://www.nfbv.org/auction

The form will ask you for information about the donor, a catchy name for the
item, a detailed text-based description of the item that clearly
communicates the benefits to the purchaser, and both the suggested minimum
price and your guess at the fair market value of the item. All items donated
should be submitted ASAP so that we can provide participants with a periodic
updated listing of available items for auction.  Items will be accepted
onsite as well.

Each item suggested will be reviewed by our auction team led by auctioneer
Jacki Brown and Fundraising co-chair Renee Valdez. They will determine which
items will be sold through our live auction and which items are more
suitable for a door prize. They are the authorities on this auction and
their decisions are final.

As the auction team acquires new donated items for auction and approve them
to be auctioned off,  we will release an updated listing to be posted in the
Announce Listserv for member review.

The live auction will be conducted at various times during the NFBV State
Convention that will be clearly stated on the agenda.  Cash or credit cards
will be accepted. Checks must be approved by designated auction team members
onsite. All sales are final.

 Let's make this a fun and lucrative auction this year and support our NFBV
Silver Bells Program!  Please get those auction items in early!

 Questions should be directed to Jacki Brown,
jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net <mailto:jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net>
or Renee Valdez, reneerome at yahoo.com <mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>

Renee Valdez

(703) 966-0836

Here's how to join our Affiliate's Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter Information:

Eastern Shore Chapter

Althea Pittman

Phone: 757-787-3853

E-mail: vaescil at gmail.com <mailto:vaescil at gmail.com>

Contact the chapter for current meeting times.

Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Saturday from 11 AM to 1:30 PM, at the Gus and
George's Spaghetti and Steakhouse, 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach,
23452.

Virtual Meeting Information: None, in person only.

Fairfax Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Third Thursday from 7 to 8:30 PM, virtual meetings only.

Virtual Meeting Information: Uses the Affiliate's Zoom

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Thursday of most months from 7 to 9pm.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Greater Williamsburg Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Please contact President, Bob Meter for meeting
information. Phone: 850-755-0181, email: rcmeter at comcast.net
<mailto:rcmeter at comcast.net> .

Virtual Meeting Information:  No virtual access is being offered.

Peninsula Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Saturday of the month from 11:30 to 1 PM, Faith
Community Church, 657 Harpersville Road, Newport News, 23601

Virtual Meeting Information:  Phone 605-475-4825 passcode, 549778#.

Potomac Chapter

Chapter meeting:     Second Wednesday of each month from 7 to 8:30 PM.

Virtual Meeting Information:   Uses Affiliate Zoom.

Prince William Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month, from 2 to 3PM.

Virtual Meeting Information:   Phone 605-313-5562 passcode, 293383.

We occasionally meet at Bar Louie, 15001 Potomac Town Place, Woodbridge,
22191, follow this weekly announcement to learn when we will be in person.

Richmond Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Fourth Monday of the month from 6:30-8:30 PM in the
assembly room of the Administrative Activities Building at VDBI, 401 Azalea
Ave. Richmond 23227.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Tidewater Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 2PM to 3:30PM

Virtual Meeting Information:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3661685508?pwd=a2RwY0o5TWVIa2xBbDBPSEJzL0l2QT09

Meeting ID: 366 168 5508
Passcode: 21211955
One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955>
+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Winchester Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 10 AM to 11:30 AM at
Sollenberger True Value Hardware, 832 Berryville Ave., Winchester, 22601.

Virtual Meeting Information: Uses Affiliate Zoom.

At-Large Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Tuesday of the month from 8 PM to 9 PM, August
through May, with a face to face reception held during state convention.

Designed to meet the needs of Virginians who do not live near a local
chapter.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Seniors Division

Chapter Meeting: Fourth Wednesday the month from 7 PM to 9 PM

Virtual information: Uses Affiliate's zoom

 I have no special talent. I have only curiosity and willingness -Albert
Einstein

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want