[NFBV-Announce] NFBV23: Announcing our 2023 National Representative, Donald Porterfield

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:35:32 UTC 2023

I am thrilled that Donald Porterfield will serve as our national
representative at our National Federation of the Blind of Virginia 2023
Convention.

Donald is a leader in our movement serving as both President of the NFB of
Arizona and on our national board of directors, a colleague in the civil
rights movement, and a friend.

Experiencing blindness in his late 40s, Donald brings his life experiences
as someone who worked for 20+ years as an executive in the hospitality
industry before going to law school to pursue his lifelong goal of becoming
a prosecutor. He lost his vision quite suddenly while attending law school
at age 48.

After gaining the Skills, tools, and competency through training, Donald
fulfilled his lifelong professional dream by becoming a deputy county
attorney, serving as a prosecutor for Pima County, Arizona.

Donald and his wife Amy are very excited to be joining us in Williamsburg.
Amy is a leader in our movement who runs Saavi Services for the Blind,  a
structured discovery orientation to blindness skills training center in
Tucson.

His detailed bio can be found at:

https://nfb.org/about-us/leadership/board-directors/donald-porterfield

Donald and Amy are eager to meet you at the convention.

To secure your hotel rooms, read the agenda, and access our  registration
page, go to:

https://nfbv.org/convention

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want