[NFBV-Announce] Convention Rooms and Getting in Touch

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 03:44:08 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

As you've heard, the convention hotel block sold out on Monday. That being
the case, we're doing what good Federationists do and getting resourceful.

If you need to cancel your hotel room for any reason, please don't. Instead,
write to me. I'll gladly take that room off your hands and pass it along to
someone who could use it.

If you were late to the party and need a room, write to me. I can't promise
anything but will do what I can to help you out should rooms become
available inside our block. If not, we'll gather blankets and set you up
near the fireplace in the lobby. I'll rent out Tracy's shower for a nominal
fee.

All room rate adjustments should have been completed this morning. If you
made a reservation prior to October 9, and your reservation rate has not yet
been adjusted, please write to me. I'll give you a good shaking for not
writing to me sooner, but after grumbling, I'll do what I can to help you
out. I would prefer that you forward me the confirmation email you received
from Hilton.

If you reserved on October 10 or later, well, not gonna lie, you're kind of
in a difficult position. No promises.

Again, please write. In the weeks leading up to convention, my inbox becomes
my to do list. It will be a lot easier for me to keep track of your
questions and concerns if I can keep it centralized in my email as opposed
to having to juggle that with my phone. During the convention, call away,
but leading up to the convention, email, email, email: jsorozco at gmail.com.

And, if you're feeling generous, send me a funny joke. Not funny
suggestions. Tracy's already dressing up in colonial garb, but a funny joke
or meme is always appreciated!

Stay tuned for a hotel description, do's, don'ts and all great things that
will make NFBV23 the best convention ever!

Can't wait to see you,

Joe Orozco, Convention Operations