[NFBV-Announce] The Count Down is On!e

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 13:37:20 UTC 2023

Good morning everyone,

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that the state convention is still happening. Haha. I
kid, I kid.

Seriously, the good news is that the registration for the convention
is now open. The bad news is that after participants experienced
difficulty registering last year, we pivoted back to Brown Paper
Tickets in hopes of offering phone support. Only, Brown Paper Tickets
does not appear to be offering phone support for the time being. We’re
working on setting up our own phone assistance for anyone who needs
it.

The date you’ll want to keep in mind is Thursday, October 12. That’s
when our room block is released to the general public. That’s the last
day you can register at a discount, and it is also your last
opportunity to get entered into a drawing for $100.

$100 just might be the jumpstart you need to cut loose in the exhibit
hall on Friday afternoon of the convention. The sponsorships program
is already humming along, and we’re looking forward to some great
opportunities to meet a variety of vendors eager to tempt you with
their products and services. Local chapters and divisions should look
into the nominal fees to secure your own spots in the exhibit hall and
maximize your fundraisers.

And just like any good splashy 3 AM infomercial: But wait, there’s
more! Accessible tours of Williamsburg, a Silver BELLS class reunion,
self-defense, First Aid training, diversity enrichment through the
ages, youth-focused activities, local musical flavor, Tracy in
colonial costume ... What, he’s out of the country and can’t tell you
otherwise. All this and more in the brimming agenda coming together as
we speak.

And yes, we’re offering parents a breather if you need to stash, erm,
park! ... store? your children in our affordable childcare service.
Act by October 12 though, because if we don’t get enough of a
response, pack the juice boxes, Legos, and coloring books to handle
baby sitting on your own!

The link below will give you all the details you need. A description
of the hotel layout and other pertinent information is forthcoming.

Still have questions? Reply to this email, and let me know. A huge
thank you to Jacki Bruce for tackling registration, Teisha Collins for
taking point on sponsorships, Mary Durbin for paving the way on
exhibits, and of course our venerable Williamsburg Chapter for the
hard work they’re doing to make this a historic convention!

https://nfbv.org/convention

Warmly,

Joe Orozco, Convention Operations

--