[Nfbv-fairfax] Interested in a guided tour of the National Portrait Gallery?

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:31:48 UTC 2016

Let me know if a tour would be of interest to you. No dates yet. Just checking for interest.
Email me directly at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com

Portrait Insight!
Tours for People with Blindness or Low Vision at the National Portrait Gallery

Every third Thursday at noon starting Thursday, March 10th at 12:00, 2016

Experience NPG’s collection through vivid verbal description and tactile objects.

Meet at the F Street lobby entrance, which is ramped and provides easiest access.

Verbally described tours are also available by request with 3 weeks’ notice by e-mailing jonesve at si.edu or calling 202-633-8506. For future dates, please visit the NPG online calendar.
n-Visual Techniques: Choosing Happiness By Choosing Change
The Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the blind meets regularly on the third Thursday of each month. Our meetings begin at 6:30 PM for dinner followed by entertaining and educational program topics of interest till 8:30 PM.
We meet at the Home of Fred and Cathy Schroeder. Their address is 9522 Lagersfield Circle, Vienna, VA 22181

Their phone number is (703) 319-9226.

Got more questions about the NFB or the Fairfax Chapter? Contact chapter President John Bailey at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com or via phone at 703.994.2040