[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] Meeting Dates This Year

Hollis Frisch hollisfrisch at verizon.net
Wed Jan 13 14:40:05 UTC 2016

Those who attended our January 9 meeting decided we should continue to meet
Saturday mornings.  Members asked me to try to reserve the third Saturday of
the month.  I was  successful in all but two instances.  One of them is not
a problem.  We have another activity planned the third Saturday in April our
Walk With  the Blind.

In all but one instance, I was able to get the cable room at the library for
us, which is bigger than the smaller space we had last Saturday.  The only
day the cable studio is unavailable, we have the theater room.  That is in
October.  It is a much larger room.  We might plan something special for
that day since October is Meet the Blind Month.

Here is what we have.  Our meeting dates are February 20, March 19, April
23, May 21, June 18, July 16, August 20, September 17, October 8 and
November 19.  I did not reserve anything for December because that is when
we always have our holiday party.  October 8 will be the only day we will
not meet in the Cable Room.  We will be in the theater room that day.
Nothing is available in the entire library October 15, and the cable room is
unavailable that entire month.  We are meeting April 23 because neither we
nor the library will be available April 16.  The library is having its book
sale, in conjunction with which we always have our Walk With the Blind.
When Mary Washington is in session, the Eagle 1 bus services the library
every hour.  Its first trip arrives early enough for people to be on time
for our meetings at 10:00.  If you find anything unclear or inaccurate about
this message, please do not hesitate to bring it to my attention
immediately.