[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] Our Chapter's Future

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Fri Jan 19 00:18:49 UTC 2018

If you care about our historic Fredericksburg chapter and want a voice in its future, your attendance at Saturday's meeting is urgent.  Last month, as a result of a chapter mandate delivered at the December 30 meeting, I sent out an email asking each person to vote whether to meet Thursday or Saturday.  As previously stated, as has always been the case when this issue came to a vote, the results were extremely close.  This time, however, something unacceptable occurred.  Very bad feeling resulted.  That is no way for Historic Fredericksburg historic chapter to begin 2018.

Saturday, we are going to vote again, openly and in person.  Regardless of the outcome, even if it reverses the very close email vote, we will honor Saturday's upcoming in person results-on one critical condition.  We must have a quorum of 10.  That is what our Constitution requires for us to conduct business which needs us to vote.

This vote will be our first order of business because the way it turns out might make a difference in the elections for officers.  I have been nominated for  president.   However, if the chapter votes to change its meeting time to Thursdays, I must and will decline the nomination for health reasons.  Physically, at this time, there is no way I can participate in or conduct evening meetings.

If the chapter votes to have evening meetings, please know I am not, as my mother would have said, picking up my marbles and going home because I didn't get my way.  When I became chapter president three years ago, despite his brand new leadership responsibilities at the state level, Michael Kasey spent unbelievable amounts of time on the phone in a genuine effort to support the chapter as well as me through the transition.  I cannot even begin to repay his kindness in this respect, but I will do everything possible to pass it along to the next person. If the meetings remain on Saturdays, I will run for election and be honored to continue if that is what the chapter wishes.