[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] meeting and April march news

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Thu Mar 19 15:54:42 UTC 2020

HISTORIC FREDERICKSBURG CRIER March 19, 2020

Howdy – Welcome to the latest edition of our Crier. Therehas been a lot of things happening since our last meeting and probably a lotmore before we meet as a group again. This Saturday’s meeting has already beencanceled and our April march has been cancelled also . Many upcoming eventswill determine whether large gatherings will be allowed or wise. Time willtell. We hope to set up a remote meeting for Saturday. More information will besent out when all is set.     The stateand federal governments have already placed many restrictions on schools andbusinesses and more might be coming. In an attempt to help people from goingstir crazy while restricted to their homes, I am going to put out a few Criersin the near future to suggest some books and specific podcasts that mightinform and educate while you might be housebound. If you have suggestions forother topics, please feel free to let me know and we can share.

     The first podcastI thought might be of interest is a Blind Abilities podcast where the threeparticipants are blind and discussing concerns and problems that might cause ablind person problems.

Blind AbilitiesPresents: Corona19 Virus from a Blindness Perspective

Click on the line below to bring up the podcast. You willget a description of the podcast and then you will come to a line to click onto download the podcast. Remember you can always go to the Blindabilitieswebsite or enable Blind Abilities on your Amazon device to get the podcasts.

https://blindabilities.com/?cat=467

If clicking on the line above does not work, copy it andpaste it into the search address of Internet Explorer or what ever you chooseto use. Then play the podcast as described above.

Take care

Dick Byrne

Rtbyrne at aol.com

804-238-5608