[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] Crier March 25

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 20:03:26 UTC 2020

ISTORIC FREDERICKSBURG CRIER March 25, 2020

Bon Jour. Welcome to another edition of The Crier. If youare like many of the folks I know, you are probably tired of being restrictedin where you can go and what you can do. I thought one thing that might behelpful would be some exercise. A while back Blind Abilities introduced a youngphysical exercise instructor from San Diego. She was a sighted person who losther sight as an adult. She met her challenge and continued her career as aninstructor. Obviously she had to modify how she taught her classes. One majorchange was she had to become more hands on to feel if the students were usingthe correct form. Her changes and hard work have made her successful. She has ablog called Girl Gone Blind.

     I thought youmight want to try one or more of the simple exercises she described on BlindAbilities. The group of exercises is called Focus on Fitness.

     One way to trythe exercises is to go to Blindabilities.com. Once there you will find a listof podcasts. Each will have a title followed by a more detailed description.Simply click on the title to go to that podcast. This will bring up an even  more detailed explanation. After it you willfind a place to download the podcast to your computer and then play it.

     There are twoeasier ways to listen to Blind Abilities. One is to download the BlindAbilities APP to your smartphone. Then simply open the APP and choose theepisode you want to play. The other is to enable Blind Abilities on your AmazonEcho device. Ask Siri to play Blind Abilities. She will tell you the latestpodcast and ask you if you want her to play that one. You can say no, fo bakone. Keep doing this till you get to the podcast you want. FYI there arehundreds of podcasts available from Blind Abilities. You can ask for episodenumber one or thirty or fifty or any you want.

     I hope you find an exercise you want to use.If the exercises do not appeal to you, I hope my more detailed information onhow to get Blind Abilities, is useful.

     I intend a CRIERon another best selling author in the next edition. He has several different maincharacters. Each has several books about them and some crossover.

     To whet yourappetite, I want to give you a clue to his identity. If you ever watched the TVshow Castle, you might remember that Castle sometime played cards with otherauthors. Our next author was one of those players.

Enjoy the day

Dick

rtbyrne at aol.com

804-238-5608